Computer/TV question

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
I am looking at buying a 42" tv. It has a VGA connector for a computer. My question is. If I hook up a computer to it, will it show the desktop on the full 42" screen? I dont think it will. I would only want it to show on like half the screen.

Doesn't it depend on your GPU? Or you could still do it but the bigger you put it the larger the pixels get?
I think it would though, not %100 sure. Try it out.

The TV I want has DVI and HDMI.

Anyways, I dont want it to take up the full screen, Only a certain amount

The TV I want has DVI and HDMI.

Anyways, I dont want it to take up the full screen, Only a certain amount

I think you can change it, because when you go to desktop and right click, then go to properties, then settings, you can change the resolution to whatever you want.

The only problem is, I don't if your computer has limits on what the resolution can go up to.

Can you try this on another television around the same size?

well if you're using dvi or a dvi-to-hdmi converter to connect to the tv, and you set the resolution on the computer to smaller than 1920x1080, it won't stretch it and will just display it at its native size (smaller than the lcd). If you hookup via VGA, then it will stretch no matter what you feed it.

Why don't you want to have it on the whole lcd?

Most control panels that come included with your GPU allow you to make manual adjustments with the signal.

If you hookup via VGA, then it will stretch no matter what you feed it.

Why don't you want to have it on the whole lcd?

Your television shouldn't stretch a VGA signal. Despite what others tell you, analog connections do have their advantages compared to digital connections.

Most control panels that come included with your GPU allow you to make manual adjustments with the signal.

Your television shouldn't stretch a VGA signal. Despite what others tell you, analog connections do have their advantages compared to digital connections.

actually it does stretch VGA signals. Most do. I'm not saying dvi is better than vga or the other way around. I like both equally.

Back
Top Bottom