Xbox Live

Pvt.Dirt

Solid State Member
I have Xbox Live and I'm having a problem. You can join party's with your friends, which is basically a chat room. The problem is, there's one of my friends I can't start party's with. It tells me there may be a network problem. I can't join his games online either. It was working 3 days ago and at random it just stopped working. Any of you that have Xbox will probably know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Is he able to get online at all?

Has he tried to initiate the party with you?

Can anyone else get him into a party?

If you are able to get into a party with everyone but him then the problem is more than likely on his end.

We can both get into party's with anyone else but each other. He can get online, as can I. We can do anything else, accept do things with each other.

My first guess would be your router, that is assuming you are using one.

If so and if able try connecting your Xbox directly to your modem and see if that fixes it.

My guess would be that either yours, your friends, or both routers are blocking one another. Make sure that you NAT settings are not on either strict or moderate and see if that helps.

Either way if it does work you may have to constantly tweak your router.

Had same problem before. I found we were able to connect if we went directly through the modem

Had same problem before. I found we were able to connect if we went directly through the modem

Ok, my NAT is open. What's weird is, we've connected on party's millions of times before, and now it just randomly stops letting us.

Back
Top Bottom