Lost icons

XxGamerFanxX

Solid State Member
Ok so I don't know how I did this but I don't have the system restore or calculator icons on my start menu and I want to restore the icons there. How do I do that? I have Windows Vista.

You mean you don't have them directly under the start bar?

or

You don't have them under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools

It seems to not be in either both. I mean I know I still have calculator because I searched calc in run but I don't have the icon.

For the Calculator

Go to:

My Computer > Local Disk (C) > Windows > System 32 > and find calc.exe.

Now once you find this file right click and send to desktop. Once you have done that go to your desktop and take the shortcut and click and drag it onto your windows icon (Start) > then roll over All Programs > then roll over Accessories > then drop it in the Accessories folder.

For System Restore:

Go to My computer > Local Disk (C) > Windows > System 32 > and find rstrui.exe and follow the same steps as above but put it in the All programs > Accessories > System Tools folder.

Ok I got the calculator icon restored. The only problem with getting the system restore icon in system tools is that it says I don't have permission to restore it there. Yet I'm logged in as an administrator.

You can try this way then,

Go to My Computer > Local Disk > Users > Click on your user > Local > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools

see if you can drop it in there.

Ok I did similar to how you told me restore the icon for the calculator. I sent it to desktop then to system tools. Thank you very much, you've been a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom