explorer.exe exits and reloads every 15 seconds, icons and start bar dissapear

i want a laptop

In Runtime
Well, title says it all, I boot up my friends PC, and go to the desktop, and the start bar and the icons will just dissapear for a second, then come back, 15 seconds or so later, same thing.

I pull up Task Manager and I see explorer.exe closes and then reopens, I don't get it. Even in safe mode it does this. I copy my explorer.exe from my PC to his PC, and same thing...

Any ideas on where to start?

Right, will do, although I can't do it from this PC, I'll take the harddrive out and run it from my PC...ok I'll get back.

Well just an update, I took out his hard drive, hooked it up to my PC using a IDE > USB adapter, and ran a virus scan. Turns out he had like 5 or so Trojan downloaders, removed all of em, and the PC runs perfect now! I am charging him 20 dollars for the repair as well! So all in all everything is great! Thanks!

Well just an update, I took out his hard drive, hooked it up to my PC using a IDE > USB adapter, and ran a virus scan. Turns out he had like 5 or so Trojan downloaders, removed all of em, and the PC runs perfect now! I am charging him 20 dollars for the repair as well! So all in all everything is great! Thanks!
You're welcome :).

Back
Top Bottom