Cant log on to Vista Help PLease!

amarinelli

Baseband Member
Hi, So heres what happens I go to log on to my laptop and I get a message that say users profile sevices failed at log in and I am not able to log on when I hit the ok box the next screen comes up with my little owner box just like it does after I wake it so I hit the owner box and it goes right back to saying users profile sevices has failed at log in I've shut down and restarted repeatedly only to have the same thing happen over and over again So I cannot log on to my computer at all, does anyone have any Ideas or experience with this.thanks so much,
Alan

pop in the vista cd and repair the installation.

looks like your registry might be screwy, if you know how, i know there is a way to reset it or something like that

Hi guys thank you for the reply the problem is I cant log on to my computer I just get the screen with the owner Icon so how do I run the vista disc?
Alan

Pop it in the CD-Drive...turn the comp on (with the cd in)

then i think go to boot menu..or something and just boot from the cd.

click on that..and it will install it.

I assume you don't have any other account that has administrator privileges on your system. Your user profile is corrupted and that is what is giving you that error. Here are a few steps to try.

1. Reboot your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.

2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

3. Try to log onto the system.

4. If the issue persists, please reboot the computer and select Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the Windows Advanced Options menu (F8).

5. Try to log onto the system.

If you can log in with safe mode I suggest creating another user with administrative privileges. You will also need to run system restore and go back to a date when you were not having this problem.

**System restore is found here
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

So did you fix it, and if so how? A bit of feedback to the poepl that took the time to try to help you would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom