Graphics Cards?

hiremenow

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best Graphics card from nVidia is without going into the GTX 200 series. Im on a bugdet of about $150 per card and i would like 2 for SLI

Thanks for your help
Hiremenow

Few questions -

1 - Why don't you want to go into the GTX 200 series? It's a good series and seeing that you have a $300 budget you could get a GTX 260.

Single card solutions are better than dual card solutions. In other words, one powerful card is better than two lesser cards.

2 - Why only from nVidia? ATI has a good card out there for budget users and you could get a simple 4870 for $230 now! That's a steal with the 1GB it has on it. Plus, you could always upgrade to another one when it goes down in price.

But if you want to stick to what you really want to stick to what you said, get two 9800GT's and SLI them. Google up some benchmarks of a 9800GT in SLI and compare them to single cards like the 4870.
. . . . or you could go with that Atomic posted . . .

The reason i only want to buy from nVidia is because i want a card that kicks ass not one that sucks ass, and plus i will be willing to upgrade in the future and the only ATI card that is really worth while is the 4870 X2 and that thing costs $500!!!! And i have a mobo that supports SLI and Crossfire so if some day ATI gets ahead i can still use there cards.

the reason i don't want to go into the GTX 200 series is because there to fricken expensive i cant afford to go out and buy 2 $500 GTX 280's i'm 13 i don't have that kind of money.

The reason i only want to buy from nVidia is because i want a card that kicks ass not one that sucks ass, and plus i will be willing to upgrade in the future and the only ATI card that is really worth while is the 4870 X2 and that thing costs $500!!!! And i have a mobo that supports SLI and Crossfire so if some day ATI gets ahead i can still use there cards.

the reason i don't want to go into the GTX 200 series is because there to fricken expensive i cant afford to go out and buy 2 $500 GTX 280's i'm 13 i don't have that kind of money.

dude, the HD 4850 is a great buy. there's a powercooler one for 144$ from newegg.

they're better than most 9800GTX's in most games, and even better than the 9800GTX+ in some.

not saying the 9800GTX is a bad card, but the 4850 is something to think about.

if you have an sli mobo, then yes possibly go w/ 2 9800gt's.

your mistaken dude.

ATI might not be the cream of the crop but their DAMN close, there cheaper too.

Also, a single card solution will ALWAYS beat a SLI or Crossfire setup, especially when your on a budget. Some games cant even use SLI, it can be a nightmare to setup, the risk of errors increase dramatically.

Im not saying SLI\Crossfire setups are bad, but on a $300 budget there is a much better alternative

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130370

get that instead

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/compare,795.html?prod[2064]=on&prod[2062]=on

your going to have to spend an extra $100 to get just a little bit of extra performance out the 9800GTX SLId. And your going to have to spend all the time making sure it works right, also , two high end cards like the 9800GTX would be very taxing on your power situation unless you have a very good PSU.

Get the GTX 260 if you "have" to go nVidia. you WONT regret it :cool:

You know nothing about GPU's mate...
If you want a REEAALLLY good one..
GTX280 etc
9800GTX
9800GX2
HD 4870x2
HD 4870
HD 4850

Three god like GPU's from the 2 mighty brands.

you do realize you're on the wrong board right...? here's a link to the board you're looking for...

www.NVIDIAfanboi.com

:rolleyes:

Strong unaware.
The fastest GPU around is the HD 4870 X2.

What is your budget exactly? And what are the rest of your specs?
You have a motherboard that supports both SLi and CF so you have an i7 platform?
And your monitor's native res is an important factor as well.

Back
Top Bottom