When I install my video card driver it stops working?

viperrgh2

Solid State Member
I just built my new computer that has

- MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
-OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply
-ASUS EAH4670/DI/512M/A Radeon HD 4670
- LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burn

My current problem is everytime I try to install a video card drive the computer resets then after the windows xp loading bar screen the monitor turns off and it won't boot up, I installed the disc it came with and an amd site suggested by rockstar. I'm assuming its because theres no driver but my GTA4 wont run because of FATAL ERROR:DD3D30 . Please help

Yea I installed the same as the link. Can I not run XP? its an 08 version of XP pro...

well that shouldnt be a problem, but i suggest you upgrade, it could be..but im not sure. any suggestions anyone?

The problem isn't with him running XP. His OS is just fine for what he wants to do.

I think the answer lies with the video card and/or software.

Is the PCIe power cable connected to the video card? Do you have another video card you can try in the system? Do you have another system you can try the HD 4670 in?

Im thinking power. When i first plugged my 8800GTS in it worked fine on my PSU, than after i installed drivers and booted in to windows (basically soon as the drivers were loaded and being used) my PC shut down and didnt turn back on, the card blew my PSU.

As Rooster said, make sure the PCIe cable is plugged in,

Back
Top Bottom