Bad Overheating problem.

OTSS

In Runtime
I have a HP ZV5000 laptop and it runs very hot. If i put it on my lap it would almost burn me. What are the main ways to get a laptop to run cooler? If I keep it on a flat surface with plenty of space around it, it gets a little cooler, but I would like to travel with this laptop and it seems to overheat to easily if there is not a lot of room around it. Is there heatsinks for laptops that would help? I am also looking into getting 1GB of RAM installed and getting a new 6600MAH battery installed. Is this easy to do by myself?(I have built many desktops before).

So do these cooling stations connect to the laptop itself or does it rest on a desk? I am looking to travel without having to find a hard surface to use my laptop(like the passenger seat of a car). If they connect to the laptop and are something that is always connected then they would work perfect.

EDIT:: It appears most are like a pad you put under the laptop. Is there anything that physically connects without having to carry a pad as well?(kids tend to lose those kind of things)

So do these cooling stations connect to the laptop itself or does it rest on a desk? I am looking to travel without having to find a hard surface to use my laptop(like the passenger seat of a car). If they connect to the laptop and are something that is always connected then they would work perfect.

EDIT:: It appears most are like a pad you put under the laptop. Is there anything that physically connects without having to carry a pad as well?(kids tend to lose those kind of things)

Most of them come with latches. They are usually USB powered.

If your feeling brave and your not voiding a warranty then you could take it apart and dust it. It has been pretty straightforward for the ones I have done, but I'm sure they are all diffrent.

I would recommend the cooling pad though. I have never really been a fan of the m, but your computer seems to be quite the hot one :cool:.

Yeah, before you go out and buy a cooling pad, try dusting the fan out really good with a can of compressed air.

All right I will try that first. I was reading up on my laptop and it looks like it has been a problem with the CPU they put in. It tends to run hot for a laptop. I think no matter what I do there is not fixing that so I will dust it and get a cooling pad, I think that is the only solution.

Back
Top Bottom