Wireless Internet problems.

Pvt.Dirt

Solid State Member
I have wireless internet for my laptop. When someone calls my house phone the wireless internet go's out and my internet quits working till you hang the phone up. I know it has something to do with my wireless phone, but I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Well unfortunately that is the downside to using 802.11b/g wireless connections. Both work in the 2.4 frequency range just like microwave ovens, some cordless telephones, and bluetooth devices which causes the interference that you are seeing.

The only ways to fix it are to move the phone so that it is not in between the connection of your laptop and wireless router. Then try to move it as far from either device that you can, if it still causes the problem the you may just have to get a new phone.

Or

If your wireless card on your laptop can do either 802.11a/n but your router has to be capable of this as well then that would solve you problem. The other option is to buy a different cordless phone and make sure that it is not one that works in the 2.4 frequency range.

netBooger is dead on. If I were you, I'd buy a cordless phone to run on the 5.8GHz range. This way you're guaranteed to not get any crosstalk.

netBooger is dead on. If I were you, I'd buy a cordless phone to run on the 5.8GHz range. This way you're guaranteed to not get any crosstalk.

Right. It's making me so mad right now. I have an Xbox 360 and when someone callls, the internet lags out and I get kicked out of the match I'm in.

Maybe that's why I'm getting a bad signal..I have so many electricals..wireless house phone, mobile phone, psp, wii etc.)
Interference with other electronics could be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom