how to find where to buy computer fan

BobLewiston

In Runtime
I need to replace a small (@ 44 millimeter or 1.75 inch) fan in my computer, but I can't find the fan on the internet. It's made by Aopen (yes, I tried their website). For some reason, it says "sleeve bearing" on the fan. (I don't know why, it's a fan, not a sleeve bearing.) Of course, it runs on 12 DC volts.

Does anyone know how I can find this fan?

Isn't it a 40mm Fan?

You measure them at the center of the mounting holes. Not the outside edge of the fan.

If it's a 40 mm fan then you'll find plenty of them about.

I need to replace a small (@ 44 millimeter or 1.75 inch) fan in my computer, but I can't find the fan on the internet. It's made by Aopen (yes, I tried their website). For some reason, it says "sleeve bearing" on the fan. (I don't know why, it's a fan, not a sleeve bearing.) Of course, it runs on 12 DC volts.

Does anyone know how I can find this fan?

There are many types of fans. Ball bearing, sleeve bearing, etc. Each of them are still fans, just different types. You can buy any company. Make sure to compare the noise to performance ratio.

For example.

Fan 1- 75 CFM at 34 dBa
Fan 2- 68 CFM at 23 dBA

Even though the first fan movies more air, it's louder. With option 2 you only lose a little power, but a lot of sound. You don't want your computer sounding like a wind tunnel. :D

Back
Top Bottom