PC Magazine Goes 100% Digital

I hate digital copies of things that should be in print; like books, comics, and magazines. The only exception I have is newspapers. Articles are short enough in newspapers to read through a few without getting a headache or wanting to get up out of your chair. Magazines don't even make a lot of money off their subscribers. Their dough comes from advertisements. Maybe PC Mag couldn't sell enough copies so their advertisement real estate was worthless.

I'm guessing PC World will follow suit soon, as if that matters considering the overall quality of the magazine has been on a steep decline for the last 3 years.

I wouldn't read a magazine on a computer. I read magazines in bed before sleep, and I wouldn't print it

Subscriptions pay for the paper and ink, advertisements give them profit, but you need subscribers for successful advertisements. A vicious circle they are in.

I guess I'm just old school but I prefer reading a magazine instead of online articles. I wouldn't pay to read a bunch of articles on my computer. Very stupid move in my opinion.

Wow...didn't hear about this. What a shame.

I never subscribed to them, but since my dad owns a chiropractic clinic, they always send him free isses in hopes that his patients will read them and subscribe. I must say, good magazine...shame they're going digital only.

Seems a lot of magazines are going under now. Sport Compact Car magazine recently just got the axe as well.

I'm not liking the mass move to online magazines that much either. I prefer a paper magazine I can read on the couch or in bed before I go to sleep. It's just not the same on a computer screen IMO.

Back
Top Bottom