Help! 1/2 monitor..Dell Laptop

kf4qhk

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I am working on a Dell Inspirion 1300 now, and just about had it where it needed to be, but, my cats knocked over a jar of water on top of it. Initially, it seemed to be fine, but, the color on the laptop was a bit off, with a bit more blue tinted.

Anyway, the screen quit working completely, but, after some prayer and time, it dried out, and worked fine this morning. It worked completely wel, and while I had it up, I downloaded MalWare bytes anti malware, and also, I guess, downloaded a Windows update, since I was able to connect here at work.

Anyway, when I was shutting it down to move it, it said that not to turn itoff, it would shut down by itself, because it was installing updates. After those updates installed, it then came up with all of the screen compressed in the left half of the screen, with the very top of the screen rolled onto the bottom of it. I messed around with the settings a small bit, and it became a bit more readable, but, it is still compressed into half a screen.

The color is perfect, and everything else is too.

The only thing is that the big Windows XP emblem/symbol doesn't come up with the computer is loading, so, I don't know if booting into "Safe Mode" is an option.

While it could be liquid damage, I am hoping for a software issue resulting from one of the downloads. While running the MalWare bytes program, the AVG program detected 2 trojan viruses.

So, I want to exhaust every possible hardware damage issue initially.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Does the whole bios screen come up?

Another thing you can try is to get hold of a linux live cd and run it. If it starts up and gives you a deskop that looks normal then it is a software problem. Sounds to me like it is liquid damage though (hopefully not).

Back
Top Bottom