Best free anti-virus. Real World test's

Now,the first thing i noticed with AVG,

5.png

It was approving the very site im going to get viruses from!
Welcome to VX Heavens! This site is dedicated to providing information about computer viruses (or virii, as some would prefer) to anyone who is interested in this topic.
This site contains a massive, continuously updated collection of magazines, virus samples, virus sources, polymorphic engines, virus generators, virus writing tutorials, articles, books, news archives etc. We also offer free hosting for virus authors and groups.
Some of you might reasonably say that it is illegal to offer such content on the net. Or that this information can be misused by "malicious people". I only want to ask that person: "Is ignorance a defence?"
It looks to be a resource for people. How is that so bad?

It's not malicious though. I'm sure AVG would have snapped up and viruses you downloaded.

Very Nice job Neodude...I had posted in security/hacking today asking people what they thought about AVG free and if there was any better "free" AV's out there. This is exactly what I was looking for!!!!! Very good service to the community IMO....Thank you for doing this test and I'm sure that is not just coming from me because I am sure some others on this forum had questions about what was the best of the "free" AV's out there... This test shows it...Again very nice job and THANK YOU!!!!!

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom