Music Makers

newguy11

Baseband Member
Hey im looking for a good program to make music with. record, make beats ect... any advice? i dont have to have top of the line, and certainly want a program that is simple and easy to use. i have vista just for the record. thank you!

Well, Audicity is a nice recorder, that can record in layers, etc. Thats your first port of call for anything recording related.

Then, Renoise is a free tracker which is well worth checking out. Its not simple, but once you learn it, it can do some very complex things.
Check some music out made using it, on Youtube.

I like to use Sony ACID pro personally. But it is a bit pricey.... They do make an ACID express with less features but is still very easy to use and functional (and its free!)

I downloaded Acid Xpress, but don't like the idea of having to register before running it...
Why all the details? Makes no sense. Address, etc, etc, etc?!

You could use FL (Fruity Loops)
I have it, but don't use it much, I find getting use to it is hard. But then again it does make music.

Also, if you wanna DJ and mix you can use Virtual DJ. Which is a virtual 2-channel mixer for the PC.

I downloaded Acid Xpress, but don't like the idea of having to register before running it...
Why all the details? Makes no sense. Address, etc, etc, etc?!

because sony wants to send you junk mail, they send me catalog's every couple of months

Reason 4 + Extra Refills + Recycle + Audacity = Works for me.

Edit: Gotta agree with Remeniz, have to have the midi controller.

I have Nuendo 3, Reason 4, Sonar 7 PE, Ableton Live, ACID Pro, Fruity Loops, Cool Edit Pro, Adobe Audition 3, and a few more, and loads of plugins that work with these DAW's.

I've been doing it a year now and love it. I have a MIDI controller which I recommend as it allows you to input MIDI notes easily rather than drawing them in.

Also do a lot of research. Theres plenty of gear out there, hardware and software, so make sure you get what you want.

Together with the info in my sig I have an Evolution MK-461C controller and although my sound interface isn't studio standard it gives me 9 inputs and 7 outputs and the ASIO driver gets latencies down to 2ms! Brilliant when using the controller.

:)

Back
Top Bottom