Power Supply Upgrade

if you dont freak up, you can probably successfully install a 8800gt on a
250 watt and have it run fine for at least 3 years... ofc the 250 watt is high quality.

asus88gt1g_g_23.gif

freak up means drastic mistakes such as throwing your 8800gt in water or something.

as you can see from my sig, im running a ZOTAC 8600gt fine on 250 watt psu from a company no one knows.

im sure i could, but i dont wanna risk it. i just wanna be in good shape now and for future upgrades.

but i just ordered that psu that ronspc suggested and worked in his..so we'll see how that goes. im thinking it'll be fine.

OCZ is a good brand. The PSU will be reliable. If I were you, I would have gone with an Antec Neo PSU. They're a little more expensive, but they're modular PSUs. If you don't know what a modular PSU is, it's a PSU that allows you to remove the cables you don't use. This way, your tower looks a little cleaner and you get improved airflow.

very true. i agree, but i had JUST enough money, plus it has a rebate and free shipping. couldnt beat it.

if i upgrade in the later future, ill probably go w/ like a 700W thats modular.

very true. i agree, but i had JUST enough money, plus it has a rebate and free shipping. couldnt beat it.

if i upgrade in the later future, ill probably go w/ like a 700W thats modular.

wtf? why... thats not necessary you will have like 400w left over unless you are powering some TV sets with the same power supply.

Back
Top Bottom