Power Supply Upgrade

You guys ever thinking of moving the parts over to a new case?

How close is the fit on the cards you guys have?

ok one more question, uhh ron what components are in your computer?

your HDD has a sata connection right?

and do you have a CD/DVD drive....that has the thin plug going into it?

ok -- here are my various cables. i just wanna make sure that the psu you gave me the link to will support all of these, now that i know it will fit.

100_2352.jpg

100_2353.jpg

100_2354.jpg

100_2355.jpg

1st pic -- shows my cd/dvd rom cable
2nd pic -- shows my HDD cables
3rd pic -- shows my 24-pin connector
4th pic -- shows some 4-pin connector..next to my psu.

Ok smelly it will work fine. I have sata ports too. May I ask what other components you have other than CD/DVD drive and HD? All I really need to know of you have any more sata Ports. All I need to know is f you have more than 2 sata ports.

that's it. i just have 2 sata ports.

which is how many it will come with

one question, though.. are they connected, or are they like separate cords, but if they are like connected (but split apart like a snake w/ 2 heads) i dont think ill have enough room to expand them to go into each component (HDD and CD/DVD Drive)

edit: sorry, one last thing...how the hell did you unhook the 24pin connector. i was messing w/ my psu and unplugged and replugged everything no problem, but i couldnt get that damn thing unhooked. i pressed the clip down, but it hurt like hell.

alright. good if you only have two sata ports your set then smelly. Here is some advice if you ever want to upgrade your system. Since you will have a better PSU uprgrading is a possibility. For the psu i told you to get you will need molex to sata connectors like this one. you may be familiar. if not heres the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...r=BESTMATCH&Description=molex+to+sata&x=0&y=0

Youll need these only if you upgrade/add to your system. In example another hard drive or a 2nd DVD drive... thats just so you know. totally unneccesary for this conversation but i thought i add this in.

Dont worry youll have enough room we have the same damn system. all the way down to whats in the thing. it will work. if it doesnt then im stupid and shocked.

oh and unhook that clip. I had the same issue

Go look super close at that clip on the 24 pin pwer connector.

you will see that the clip is attached to the motherboard not the power connector its confusing.

powersupplyhelp.jpg

i used a black power connector so you can see the difference. on the white power socket on the motherboard. see the clip. unclip it. Just dont break it. Hope i helped. any more questions.

Sorry if its confusing.

I just turned 16 2 hours ago Central time Its my birthday..hahaha forgive me ignorance :)

haha, well happy bday..

i turn 15... in february.

anyways..yeah i wont need to be upgrading anything except my video card and ive decided to go w/ the HD 4850 ...and it needs 1 pci-e 6 pin connector, which the psu comes with.

so thats set. im set. everything set. woot.

and thank you for the advice on the clip thing. makes sense. but yeah my fingers are raw! i just could not get that damn thing up.

ya i know what you mean man. my fingers were bleeding afterwards haha idk if thats healthy.. haha. but im tired and need sleep so ill ttyl good luck.

yep, same here. thanks. i just undid all the wires, took the psu completely out, and successfully plugged and put everything back into place. took 5 minutes.

hoping to order it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom