integrated graphics help?

Not sure why it's grayed out. maybe have a look around to see if there's something that needs to be enabled.

It will in no way make your onboard graphics perform like a dedicated video card. The onboard has definite limitations and can be easily outperformed by even a low end video card.

Not sure why it's grayed out. maybe have a look around to see if there's something that needs to be enabled.

It will in no way make your onboard graphics perform like a dedicated video card. The onboard has definite limitations and can be easily outperformed by even a low end video card.
Yup get a 8600GT it's good for most games it just doesn't have the highest FPS.

Can you tell it to use less? I didn't think he would have the option since it seems like he has a pre built.

thank you.
and this would make it an equivalent to a card that was not integrated?

i went into the bios and found the setting but for some reason it was grayed out. any reason for this and how do i get around it?

I knew it! These are limitations set by the manufacturer. It's their way of stopping people from turning crappy computers into something decent. You could try upgrading the BIOS for the motherboard. That might be a solution.

to do any semi-serious gaming you need more than onboard graphics, even an 8600GT would do wonders for gaming, but to have good graphics you'll probably need to spend at least $100 on a card...

thanks i'll try upgrading the bios. although, how i would go about doing this? also, my other computer has a geforce 7100 can it dip into system memory? it's not integrated. also how much would be safe to overclock it? same system as before.

Some video cards can use system memory, but it depends on the video card. If you have a prebuilt such as a Dell, upgrading the BIOS may be a waste of time as it probably wouldn't unlock any features. Most manufactures will only release BIOS updates to fix incompatibilities.

you'd be better off just upgrading. i prefer to stay away from integrated completely.

mid-range cards w/ no extra connectors are super cheap these days.

thanks i'll try upgrading the bios. although, how i would go about doing this? also, my other computer has a geforce 7100 can it dip into system memory? it's not integrated. also how much would be safe to overclock it? same system as before.

not integrated...? my bad, this "but i have a nvidia geforce 7100 integrated graphics card." from your first post is why I assumed you had integrated graphics...

Back
Top Bottom