Power supply upgrade!

Screw it, I don't want to upgrade anymore. It's not worth it. I might as well take this money and start saving up for a new build. I'm going to end up spending more than $600 on just a PSU and GPU. I don't even need all of the power.

dont get frustrated rohan. were here for ya. but yes you do need the power. you want the power

Yup, it's quite pricey if you want the best stuff. Thing is, you could recoup some of your money by selling the 650W.

Hell, I'm happy with my X2 5000+ BE, 8800GT and an Antec SmartPower 2 500 watt PSU. It handles every game I throw at it. :D

Yup, it's quite pricey if you want the best stuff. Thing is, you could recoup some of your money by selling the 650W.

Hell, I'm happy with my X2 5000+ BE, 8800GT and an Antec SmartPower 2 500 watt PSU. It handles every game I throw at it. :D

Who am I going to sell it to? My setup handles everything fine. I don't really need all of that power. I just want it. I'd rather just save some more money and buy myself a nice sound card and a 5.1 headset.

I can't find the 850 watt model on Newegg. I guess I don't have much of a choice. I'll just wait for some feedback from other members. Thanks for your help Spec.

from at least one expert review it's probably a good thing you couldn't find it, it didn't pass...

[H]ard|Forum review

just to add another to the list of potential psus, this Corsair is 850w and got a passing review...

Corsair TX850W

I trust reviews like this more than I trust the customer reviews on Newegg...

Who am I going to sell it to? My setup handles everything fine. I don't really need all of that power. I just want it. I'd rather just save some more money and buy myself a nice sound card and a 5.1 headset.

did you say a nice sound card...? there are some great deals at Creative, but they are refurbished (which I happen to prefer because they've actually been tested before they get sent to you)...

great prices though

Do Creative Certified Products include a warranty?
Unless otherwise noted, each refurbished product includes a 90-day limited parts and labor warranty. Due to their special low price, refurbished products are not eligible for a refund. Buy with confidence.
:D

Back
Top Bottom