Tooth pain & celebrating New Years! Serious problem!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I have a tooth pain & I'm afraid it might ruin my New Years…. A big chuck of a tooth is missing, and my regular dentist told me 4 month ago that I need to have it removed, it's the last tooth on my left side (not a wisdom tooth). For the last 4 month I didn't really experienced any pain with it, but I couldn't really bite on it ether, I was doing all my chewing on the other side. So last night as you can imagine the pain came back, it's nothing 2 crazy well not yet anyways, but it's somewhat constant and very annoying… Before I left for work today, I took a pain killer so I will know for sure how bad it is in a few hours when it wares off. I wouldn't really worry about it like this, but for this New Years I and 6 of my friends rented a cabin in upstate NY for 3 nights and 4 days. We are leaving on Tuesday night 12/30 and coming back sometime Friday 01/02. If this pain will be as constant as last nights, for the next 5 days I will go insane, because I will not be able to take any painkillers due to the drinking factor… Even if I was able to somehow make it to the dentist today to have it removed, I don't think it will be such a good idea because they will give me antibiotics to take in order to kill any infection and to prevent the swelling…etc & that again does me no good because I cant drink with it…. & risking an infection by not taking it doesn't sound to great to me…. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic here, but you can image 4 girls and 3 guys in the woods on the new years and me neither drinking nor able to consume any other fun substances :) especially the people that Im going with I know I will get crazy.

Depending on how will my tooth feel in a few hours after the pain killer stops working, I can only picture these few options.

#1 If the pain is not to great or that constant, go have fun and hope for the best.
#2 If the pain is 2 great, go and have it removed tomorrow (same day im leaving) and forget about taking the antibiotics.
#3 Take as many pain killers as possible with you, but no drinking or fun substances allowed (I might as well not go in this case :( )
#4 Forget that you spend $300+ for the house + food..etc and just stay home because God knows how bad it can get…
#5 You will be so hammered for the next 4 days that you will not feel anything, go have fun!

Well its been 7h and its kind of ok... I still get occasional pain, but it's not constant. I guess closer to the night that's when I will know for sure how bad it is...

We now have a 2nd problem, we don't have a car lol. The original van that we were supposed to take us, had to be taken to the shop, transmission is shut there & since this is a road trip sort speak we don't want to risk it... We can rent a van for $300 but they want $500 deposit that must be via credit card... and that's where the problem comes in.... Im at work now so I can't really do anything, but I hope they will work something out, otherwise its $800 down the drain!

Ditto to chris - ditch the painkillers and have lots of vodka; you won't have to worry about infections with that...

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out new years eve morning, so ... that blows too

Good luck though, hope things get better soon

Back
Top Bottom