Ram upgrade, but will it work?

tech_tard

Beta member
hey guys

So, l'm looking to upgrade my ram, pretty straight forward right... well l'm not the best with computers, far from it actually, but my question is: l currently have a triple core processor 2.1 ghz., running 8gbs of DDR2, which my motherboard is a Asus M2N68-LA l believe (again l suck with computers). l am looking to upgrade my ram to possibly patriot viper series tri-channel DDR3 PC3-12800, 1600 mhz or Corsair TWINX dominator Dual channel 4096 mb PC-12800 DDR3 1600 mhz , either 2 or 4 gb's, not sure yet, depends on what l can afford, but l'm not sure if either of them will work or be compatible with my system.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Take Care

I didnt find the M2N68-LA board, but both M2n68s I did find do not supoort DDR3 ram...to be honest I think 8GB of the DDR2 would be more than enough for almost anything right now.

I have 4GB of DDR2-800 and my PC is great...just person prefrence i guess

Mate, your board is DDR2, there is no way you can use DDR3 modules

lol factor at the same replies = 100%

OT

@ rohan - have you worked out today? :rolleyes:

:D

thanks for the help guys, very disappointing but you just saved my a good chunk of change... thanks again guys

Mate, your board is DDR2, there is no way you can use DDR3 modules

lol factor at the same replies = 100%

OT

@ rohan - have you worked out today? :rolleyes:

:D

Yeah, my dad woke me up at 6:00 am to do cardio. I have to go back soon to lift. My dad is a psycho lifter, haha.

I didnt find the M2N68-LA board, but both M2n68s I did find do not supoort DDR3 ram...to be honest I think 8GB of the DDR2 would be more than enough for almost anything right now.

I have 4GB of DDR2-800 and my PC is great...just person prefrence i guess
Vista would find some way to rape it :p

Back
Top Bottom