Power supply upgrade!

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I got it from Xigmatek. All I have to do is pay the price difference from what I paid at Newegg with the shipping costs. The PSU has to be a Xigmatek, though.

I'm going from this XIGMATEK MC NRP-MC651 650W to one of these...

XIGMATEK HC NRP-HC1001 1000W

XIGMATEK MC NRP-MC751 750W

Should I take the plunge for the 1000 watt? I'll need all the power I can get with the GTX 295, or another Core 216 in SLI. I still haven't bought my sound card either.

I paid $110.00 for my current one.

i'd go with the 1000 watt, but it is Pretty pricey...i mean i think the 750watt will get what you need done.

Will it be able to handle 2 Core 216 SLI/GTX 295, with my CPU and RAM overclocked? I'm sure it would be cutting it close right?

cutting it pretty damn close, if your willing to cough up the extra 100 dollars, go for the 1000watt. just to be safe.

I can't find the 850 watt model on Newegg. I guess I don't have much of a choice. I'll just wait for some feedback from other members. Thanks for your help Spec.

personally i'd take the 1000. Last thing you want is...to get your new 295 waited for it for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. gets here. put it in. can almost taste the wonderful graphics. When boom. no juice left in the tank. Then youll have to buy a bigger PSU and youll be stuck with the 750 watt one too.

personally i'd take the 1000. Last thing you want is...to get your new 295 waited for it for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. gets here. put it in. can almost taste the wonderful graphics. When boom. no juice left in the tank. Then youll have to buy a bigger PSU and youll be stuck with the 750 watt one too.

agreed, and that 1000w psu WILL last you a lifetime...or its lifetime atleast till it dies.

lol +1 for spec. Cuz think about it if it doesnt work. then youll be stuck with the 1000watt psu and the 750. which combined is not as much as it would of been if you just got the 1000 watt to begin with

Back
Top Bottom