choppy internet browse performance

mykul

Baseband Member
ok when using both firefox and internet explorer, im experiencing really bad response and performance from the browser. It takes awhile to respond when the page is loading and i want to scroll down, page takes longer to load then usual, and reponse when just overall browsing is really choppy and yeah. only has happened in the past few days, i haven't installed anything..

the internet is working fine, its fast and i download at usual speed. just the browsing is bad.

i've scanned with counter spy, and hijack and ccleaner.. and i cleaned more then i wanted using ccleaner, and now i can't system restore?

when going through system restore, i press "restore to previous checkpoint" then "next" and when going to press the final "next", i press it but nothing happens..

this problem is really frustrating as i can't browse like i used to, only being able to open one tab/window at a time, other wise it lags like crazy. i've re-installed my browser, and downloaded the updated version of firefox, but has done nothing. and when minimized the browser, and reopening it, it takes about 5 seconds to reopen

everything else on the computer runs fine and runs at normal speed, the only thing slow and choppy is the browsers.. anyone help?

... either, ur comp specs arent the best, or ur useing dial up...

anyways, both IE and FF are bad... i use flock =)

Flock.com

anyways thanks for trying to help but i don't think you understand or read everything

this has only happened recently, before, say a week ago, everything was running fast and fine, its only now that it has being going slow and choppy.

and i am not using dial up, i am on cable, and the download speeds are still the same.. and my comp specs are fine

p4, 3ghz, 1gb ram, nvidia geforce 6200 gfx card.

Well if your graphics card is installed improperly it could give the appearance that everything else is going slow........but not just your internet browser. Nobody knows what you're talking about!

not using any antivirus, used panda active scan, but its not updating, not working so yeah :(

oh guess im farked

If you aren't running w/ an antivirus you probably picked up a virus... I haven't picked up a virus in a long time and I always use either AVG free or Avast Home. Best thing to do is try and get AVG free downloaded and installed, then scan the drive for viruses. If there's a whole bunch of them, it's probably best to just do a Windows reinstall rather than trying to get rid of them.

Wells i scan with active scan and i have nothing, and i;'ve just completed a scan with counterspy and it picked up
"rootkit.TDss.Gen"
could that be the problem? i deleted it yesterday, and it came back now since restart, so i've quarantined?

thanks for replies, i'll download avg and see what happens

If scrolling is choppy etc, it's most likely because your graphics card drivers aren't installed.

Back
Top Bottom