Logitech Z-5500 Problem

airforceone453

Solid State Member
I hope you guys had a good holiday :)

Well, here's the problem. I received a set of Logitech Z-5500 speakers (brand new) and had some time this weekend to set them up. I tried connecting the control pod to my sound card via Optical cable but when I select Optical as the input option on the control pod, it shows as "No Digital Data". Yes, I have music/noise playing, my sound card is functional, but the weird thing is is when I have the control pod hooked up with rca cables to my sound card everything works. I'd rather have the optical connection instead and I'm kind of stumped. I plan on buying another optical cable from newegg to see if my current cable is bad but what else can I do in the meantime to get optical to work?

i believe the digital output has to be encoded in dolby digital for the pod to read it
what sound chip are you using

it's a sound card - auzentech x-plosion

I thought audio any audio going through the card gets encoded to dolby digital? How could I test this?

is there a setting utility with the sound card if there is the settings for dolby digital would be in there somewhere

Ah, I found it. Thanks a lot Muz. It was on the crappy analog output setting. Thank you VERY MUCH. This helps a lot!!
I kept trying to look under start>programs>c-media (which is the chip they're using) and I only found some test programs, but looking in the system tray I found the utility!

cool , glad i could help you out hope you enjoy the new quality sound

Back
Top Bottom