Issue with new hardware...

Verbatim47

In Runtime
I just bought a GTX 260 core 216 eVGA graphics card.

The problem is that in WoW and other games the frames are very low. I dont understand, I have reinstalled Windows, reseated the graphics card, and reinstalled drivers.

Ex. In Dalaran on WoW, my frames could be anywhere to 15fps to 20fps. And I have everything on high, without shaders up and vsync off.

My comp. is the one in the sig. So any replies to this would be appreciated.

do you have the specs on the card? cause buying an 8800 with (partdon my french) shet specs, would be like buying a 8200 with good specs

Specs? It's a GTX 260 core 216. It's near comparable to the top of the line GTX 280 in performance.

Do you have any proggies running in the background? Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers?

I dont have hardly anything running in the background, even though that would not be really a problem. I just don't understand what the deal is with it... It is a brand new top of the line card and it runs really really not that great.

His CPU is not the problem. WoW is not a very hard game to run. Is this the only game you have low FPS in?

I don't believe he responded to the drivers issue; not just motherboard, but card too?

What kind of PSU are you using. Are you sure you have enough juice getting to that card?

i would say you need to fiddle with drivers, the latest drivers arent always the best for performance in some games and with wow being an older game you might get better performance if you install another set of gpu drivers

also what psu are you using

Back
Top Bottom