Thinking of getting an ipod touch

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am thinking about getting an ipod touch but I keep hearing about alot of people having trouble getting the wifi connected. Anyone here have one and have this problem or had it at some point? Has it been sorted out.

I personally don't have one, but my friend does. Wifi for him won't even work, he's got a standard linksys router at home and no matter what I do I cannot get it to connect. I'm not sure about other people's experience with them..

Pretty sure it's 2nd. He just got it in October I think. Really I'm not sure, but it's fairly new, so I'm guessing 2nd. :p

I have the first gen Ipod touch and it has no problem connecting to wifi. There is a free app called wifinder that I recommend for it at the App store. Check it out and good luck!

cool I will probably pick one up sometime soon while there are sales on. I don't know which I should get though I want an 8gb one but there's the first gen and second gen which only has a few new features like the speaker and accelerometer which I don't really need. I just want an ipod that can play music, video and use wireless internet.

Does the screen get scratched up very easily. I will likely be taking it to the gym and it will spend alot of time in my pocket.

I've recently brought an iPhone 3G, and I have no troubles connecting to my home wireless network (Netgear router), and browsing speeds are quite quick too. I think some people have trouble with the passwording and encrypting support between the router and the iphone, try turning passwords off and see if it works..
As for the screen, definately purchase something like This and let that get scratched rather than the screen, it works like a charm for me! The only gripe I have about the iPhone is the iPod sound quality is as always for Apple only mediocre and I don't really like the sound quality...

Matt

I've recently brought an iPhone 3G, and I have no troubles connecting to my home wireless network (Netgear router), and browsing speeds are quite quick too. I think some people have trouble with the passwording and encrypting support between the router and the iphone, try turning passwords off and see if it works..
As for the screen, definately purchase something like This and let that get scratched rather than the screen, it works like a charm for me! The only gripe I have about the iPhone is the iPod sound quality is as always for Apple only mediocre and I don't really like the sound quality...

Matt

for those concerned about security remember you can restrict acces to you network by MAC address, so even if its not secured someone can't connect unless their MAC address is in the permitted user list.

Back
Top Bottom