video camera

esa193

Fully Optimized
i was going to get the flip mino hd but now im not sure
help me find a camera
under 550
hd if possible (720p is fine)

canon hv30 is the best consumer hd camera. you can get it for liek around 600. has 24p ability and has alot of manual control if you need it but also does auto mode.

If you want quality, get something that uses MiniDV tapes. Anything that records to HDD or flash memory records in mpg or something similar, which is lower quality media and is not editing friendly (I have edited with mpg video, no fun). MiniDV media captures onto the computer as DV-AVI which is the highest quality digital media and can easily be edited and reduced to a lower quality. Your choice. A majority of prosumer video cameras still use MiniDV format for the quality aspect.

If you want quality, get something that uses MiniDV tapes. Anything that records to HDD or flash memory records in mpg or something similar, which is lower quality media and is not editing friendly (I have edited with mpg video, no fun). MiniDV media captures onto the computer as DV-AVI which is the highest quality digital media and can easily be edited and reduced to a lower quality. Your choice. A majority of prosumer video cameras still use MiniDV format for the quality aspect.

so true. Look at any professional camera...they all either use minidv, dvcam, or betacam tapes. Of course, there are cameras that record to flash memory but the low end ones are crap.

so true. Look at any professional camera...they all either use minidv, dvcam, or betacam tapes. Of course, there are cameras that record to flash memory but the low end ones are crap.
I have a question, my friend uses the HV30, which btw, is an amazing camera. He edits with Sony Vegas 8 Pro. How do we actually make things HD though? Whenever we export in 1080, it is really choppy.

Also, the HV30 does 24p?

I have a question, my friend uses the HV30, which btw, is an amazing camera. He edits with Sony Vegas 8 Pro. How do we actually make things HD though? Whenever we export in 1080, it is really choppy.

Also, the HV30 does 24p?

yes it does do 24p. But to put it on the tape, it has to add 2:3 pulldown to make it work with the ntsc tape, therefore you have to remove the pulldown when importing it to vegas or any other software to retain the 24p frame rate.

And what format are you exporting in? Use these settings except write 1920x1080 instead of the 1280x720 that you see in one of the boxes. Won't be too big of a file and will still look amazing

mainconcept.png

Back
Top Bottom