Building a budget computer, asking for input...

+1

triple channel isn't even supported on that board, so you might as well stick with some 800mhz DDR2 to pair up with that 1600mhz FSB at a 1:1 ratio...

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB)

also, that psu is way down on the food chain as far as psus go, you should have a quality psu in your build because it's the backbone of your system, I realize you may be on a budget, so here's an OCZ 600w psu that "seems" more expensive at first, but with the free shipping you are really paying just about the same price for it as you would've with the other one that didn't have free shipping, it's a quality psu at a good price plus it has a $30 MIR...

It actually does support DDR3. He just won't need it. That power supply isn't the best. But, it will get the job done since he isn't doing anything strenuous.

It actually does support DDR3. He just won't need it. That power supply isn't the best. But, it will get the job done since he isn't doing anything strenuous.

again, read what I posted, sure DDR3 is supported, but triple channel isn't, kinda defeats the purpose of paying a pretty hefty premium for DDR3 to run it in dual channel, with bloated timings no less...

again, read what I posted, sure DDR3 is supported, but triple channel isn't, kinda defeats the purpose of paying a pretty hefty premium for DDR3 to run it in dual channel, with bloated timings no less...

Oh, sorry. I don't understand how that works. How does it take DDR3, but doesn't have the capacity to run it in triple channel mode. Can someone explain this to me. :confused:

Oh, sorry. I don't understand how that works. How does it take DDR3, but doesn't have the capacity to run it in triple channel mode. Can someone explain this to me. :confused:

I don't understand it either, but I know it exists, I tend to just read up on things that would affect me, I'm not a cutting edge tech kinda guy, I'm more of a bargain basement type of guy so this falls into the category of not affecting me...

I know the ASUS P6T supports triple channel and has two sets of 3 dimms for triple channel, beyond that I am clueless, all I know is if I'm gonna pay a premium for anything, I want it working at it's full capacity...

I don't understand it either, but I know it exists, I tend to just read up on things that would affect me, I'm not a cutting edge tech kinda guy, I'm more of a bargain basement type of guy so this falls into the category of not affecting me...

I know the ASUS P6T supports triple channel and has two sets of 3 dimms for triple channel, beyond that I am clueless, all I know is if I'm gonna pay a premium for anything, I want it working at it's full capacity...

Amen.

nothing EVER works at full capacity, if it did... then we would have laptops that dont over heat, have 2 vid cards, were 1/4th in thick, and had 8 gb ram with 2 HDD 1tb each,

We would also have fans that ran at 130000 rpm and watercooling running at -30c w/o freezing,

=============
off topic, notice how the comasa align? lol

Back
Top Bottom