hack iphone 3g

well your not flashing any thing
all your doing is restore the iphone with a modded firmware that opens up ssh and puts on 2 extra apps that allow you to d/l more apps
the worst then you can do is F** up the firmware
then all you do is restore it in safty mode in itunes

the modded firmware lets you install third-party applications.

Not saying it will happen but maybe it could, when jailbreaking it might get bricked, which means un restore able.

apple built in a forced format mode
with a couple botton combos your iphone with out with out a firmware can be seen by itunes and restored with a new firmware
look on the net no ones ever bricked there iphone or touch

Here's my guide to jailbreaking your iPhone 3G:

Before you start:
a) Make sure you disable and iTunes/iPod/iPhone related processes in Task Manager (iTuneshelper.exe, mobiledevice bla bla bla).
b) Make sure you have already downloaded a copy of the firmware. You can grab the links here: http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/firmware/.
c) Let's say that you are currently on 2.1, and want to jailbreak 2.2. You have to make sure that your iPhone is already updated to whatever version you want to jailbreak.

1. Download QuickPWN here:
Windows: http://www.badongo.com/file/12202173
Mac: http://www.badongo.com/file/12202298

2. Open up QuickPWN, and follow the instructions.

Boom, done. No need for anything else. Simpler and more well-written, or typed.

Well I'll just do a update. I got my phone yesterday but was to tired when I got home to update and jailbreak it.

So this morning I downloaded the 2.2 Firmware and QuickPWN. I know I can't unlock 2.2 but I don't need it unlocked. I was suprised it came with 2.1 though.

But anyways I updated the firmware and started the jailbreak. Firmware install took the most time, the jailbreak only took about a minute.

Here are a couple shots of my new toy :)

Pic's kinda suck but I wasn't digging for my digital camera.

IphoneTop.jpg

IphoneBackjustcase.jpg

IphoneClipSide.jpg

Nice, you got the white one like me. I've had mine for a little more than 7 days and I love it. View pictures of it from the link in my sig.

niceeeee
uh ya you cant unlock it for tmobile yet
but its coming i believe the hacks for the second gen ipod touch and unlocked base band for tmobile is coming out next week
linux should also be out with in a month or 2 for the iphone
(a really cool app to get would be wifi touchpad you use your iphone as a mouse if your like me and like to sit on your couch

Nice, you got the white one like me. I've had mine for a little more than 7 days and I love it. View pictures of it from the link in my sig.

I get a page load error when I try and visit your site. I figured I can always make the white version black like I did and have a little flash. I might buy a couple of different colors to keep it looking fresh.

niceeeee
uh ya you cant unlock it for tmobile yet
but its coming i believe the hacks for the second gen ipod touch and unlocked base band for tmobile is coming out next week
linux should also be out with in a month or 2 for the iphone
(a really cool app to get would be wifi touchpad you use your iphone as a mouse if your like me and like to sit on your couch

No I can't unlock it with since I upgraded to 2.2 I didn't use any custom firmwares to preserve my baseband. The unlock that's coming out shortly is for 2.1's baseband not 2.2's.

i have an iphone 3g 16gb. I tried using quickpwn but i like esa guide better

Both the guides are good. Once you launch QuickPWN though it pretty much tells you exactly what to do. I did find this site which seems to be an excellent resource for the Iphone.

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php

Quick question to you guys. Do you know anyway I can fool my phone into thinking its on a Wifi connection so I can access Itunes over the edge network. Wifi is fine for work but if I'm out and about I'd like to still be able to access it.

One thing I love is how easy it is to import digital copies right to the phone.

Back
Top Bottom