Grafics card review

Seriously, go look at the specs of both cards..side by side. i really dont get it.

True... but i still like ATI, and once you hit 30 fps, you cant realy tell the differnce between 30-100...

unless you pay REALY close attention

I can easily tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. The reason I say 60 is because that's the refresh rate of my monitor, and I won't be able to see anything higher.

he may be impatient and want to buy it right now, the 295 definitely blows away every card out right now except in fallout 3, but even then it's performance is still tied for best...

Some games just favor some cards more. I'm not sure why. Dead Space loved the 4870 1GB. But, the Core 216 beat it in just about every other benchmark.

Nvidia just announced it to stop people from buying HD 4870 X2s, it's not really going to be available for a long time, but it's still going to make ATi lose a lot of sales between now and it's release.

It actually comes out January 9th. Source.

True... but i still like ATI, and once you hit 30 fps, you cant realy tell the differnce between 30-100...

unless you pay REALY close attention
It's actually 60 FPS. One eye can't see anything past 30 FPS. So, I don't know what you're talking about unless you're playing with only one eye open.

sad monitor...

It's actually the standard for most of the newer monitors. You must be running an ancient CRT at 85 hertz.

Doesn't matter if you can't tell the difference of 60 and 200FPS. Get a really graphic demanding part of a game and that 60 FPS drops to 20 while the 200 FPS drops to 160. Will you see a difference now? I think so. Same thing with refresh rates.

this is the part of the forum i enjoy when i get to watch fellow forumsmen argue and debate

my monitor runs 120 -140 (matters what i run it at)

And i love arguing =) this should be stickyd, then everyone would join in lol

you spelt graphics wrong... but anyways:

the 4870x2 has a 750 MHz core clock compared to the 295 which has a 576Mhz core clock.

The 4870x2 has a realistic 2gb of ddr5 memory, compared to the 295 which has only 1792 MB gddr3.

the 295 has a memory speed of 1000 MHz / 2000 MHz which the 4870x2 has a memory speed of 900 MHz.

there actually VERY similar in specs.. same shader speed, same ROD.. but actually the GTX295 has ALOT higher benchmarks than any ATI GPU out there atm, in most games it out performs the ati card by far...almost double the FPS.

it almost doubles the fps in a few games, but that's not the norm as there are a few that they run almost neck and neck, so realistically the 4870x2 gets about 70% of the fps the 295 gets...

Back
Top Bottom