Paramount busted me..

yea, but if you can get into the ER in 30 minutes, I might have to go to canada to get into the ER because thats a HECK of a lot better than what I'm used to here.
I've never had to go to the ER so I can't comment on that but in my local hospital (small town so its probably different anyway), you could definitely get in ER in that amount of time.

When I had surgery on my foot, I waited about 20 minutes for the surgery, 30 minutes after to meet with someone for crutches and stuff and like 10 minutes for an x-ray. Really depends though... not a lot of people lived there but since it was an isolated town (somewhat) it had a hospital and wait times were pretty good.

In the major cities, well... that's another story.

To me, I live by one rule:

In fighting file sharing, the entertainment industry is in essence, fighting the fundamental purpose of the internet.

Makes complete truth
For the government to enforce this, they have to basically get rid of the whole system of internet.

In fighting file sharing, the entertainment industry is in essence, fighting the fundamental purpose of the internet.

Makes complete truth
For the government to enforce this, they have to basically get rid of the whole system of internet.

Well said..

Makes complete truth

wow thats some deep stuff:rolleyes:

Makes complete truth

That is like saying:
In fighting speeding, the Police and highway patrol is in essence, fighting the fundamental purpose of roads.

You can still file share by not downloading illegal copies.

As for the government enforcing it, they will never be able to stop it. It will always be around.

I've never had to go to the ER so I can't comment on that but in my local hospital (small town so its probably different anyway), you could definitely get in ER in that amount of time.

When I had surgery on my foot, I waited about 20 minutes for the surgery, 30 minutes after to meet with someone for crutches and stuff and like 10 minutes for an x-ray. Really depends though... not a lot of people lived there but since it was an isolated town (somewhat) it had a hospital and wait times were pretty good.

In the major cities, well... that's another story.
I'm just oustside a major city, and the population is about 60,000. Not that small, but we have a city hospital, and two hospitals just outside the city.

That is like saying:
In fighting speeding, the Police and highway patrol is in essence, fighting the fundamental purpose of roads.

You can still file share by not downloading illegal copies.

As for the government enforcing it, they will never be able to stop it. It will always be around.

Roads were not built for racing. The internet was created for file sharing by our government.

Roads were not built for racing. The internet was created for file sharing by our government.

The internet was not created to illegally file share either. Both roads and the internet have laws that you are supposed to abide by while using.

You can still file share without doing illegal file sharing.

So I don't see how you can say that because the internet was created for file sharing that you should be able to share whatever you want.

I'm picking up from this page...too much to read.

The internet was created for file-sharing. ANY files. The concept of file-sharing was destroyed when companies and the government saw it would cut profit. Where there's opportunity to snatch money, I'll bet you it won't be long before someone jumps on it.

I'm picking up from this page...too much to read.

The internet was created for file-sharing. ANY files. The concept of file-sharing was destroyed when companies and the government saw it would cut profit. Where there's opportunity to snatch money, I'll bet you it won't be long before someone jumps on it.

It was created to share ANY files back then because the technology wasn't there to put video's and music on the internet. So of course when the technology came along then so did the laws. Not to mention not that many people had the internet so the impact on sales would be minimal.

What do you think the outcome would be if you could literally download any file you wanted legally, to include movies, music, software, etc...?

You would have less music, less movies, and less software. Quality would go down in all three categories as well. So how would you expect them to make any money?

Same way google makes money. Besides, people will still want to go to concerts. If movie-makers take care, they'll be able to release the movie to theaters only and make profit off that. Once it's time for DVD, it will be shared on the internet. You must also realize that there are people who don't use their computers for such thing. Some still prefer the good old way of CDs for music and DVDs for movies. Also people are smart enough...they can figure out other ways to make money.

Back
Top Bottom