360 Dashboard

I checked "Denver", and all that i find are systems with bundles.

i managed to get another $60 gift card for CC, so now i have $120 to spend at CC. I want to get the HDD, but at the same time, im thinking of getting another game instead.

any rumors out there that MS will lower the prices on the 60GB hdd?

I checked "Denver", and all that i find are systems with bundles.

i managed to get another $60 gift card for CC, so now i have $120 to spend at CC. I want to get the HDD, but at the same time, im thinking of getting another game instead.

any rumors out there that MS will lower the prices on the 60GB hdd?

ebay is a great place. I saw a lot of 60GB HDD's for about $50 on.

i dont trust ebay much.
I might be being a pain in the ass right now.
But im trying to come out with some pros and cons of getting an HDD.

Pros -
Live
more room for DLC
Able to put my music in without using my Zune or connecting to my computers

Cons -
$$$
Kind of pointless for me getting one
Dont use my 360 much till i get a new game (20-40 HRS a month)

EDIT -
Side question, my brother is thinking of getting Fallout 3 for the 360, and i heard people said its better on the consoles.
My question is why?
I got the wireless receiver for my PC so i can use the 360 for that game on my PC.

Consoles are dedicated gaming computers.

So? No shame in that.

That's what I love about consoles. You plop in the game disc and just play the game. No need to worry about your computer's ability to push those textures and framerates.

is that the reason why Fallout is better on the 360 or what?

In a word... Yes
Because X360 games will be built with the X360 in mind, they will be tested and beta-ed using an X360 which is a standardised specification, all stock 360's wil be able to achieve the same performance on the same game. PC games will be tested on the PC's that the game developer uses and then the specs needed to play the game will be published, the specs will then have to be met by the end user for him/her to achieve the same fps and graphic detail as the developers put into the game. If you have a lower spec then you wont be able to achieve the kind of results that the game can technically give you. Also you may well need a higher spec than the game developers suggest due to background processes and bloatware on your PC. Having said all this the PC versions of games can be more fun because you can easily get 32 players into a PC game where most console games will max at 16, and the PC versions of games can be modded quite easily, for example using a 3D cad software to put custom cars into GTA:SA like the Ferrari Enzo I modelled and patched into my copy. Also look at things like Gmod built buy a user of a game which supplies you the source files of the game. Consider also games like FarCry (built on the Crytek engine) which gave users the program that they useto build the scenarios bundled on the disc so users could build there own game from the source files of FarCry.

/rant
PS the important specs of the X360 in PC format are:
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500MHz processor
- 10 MB of embedded DRAM
Memory
- 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MHz of DDR
Storage
- Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
- 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
- Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
FULL SPECS

so even though i can max out fallout 3 without AA, my brother should still get it for the 360?

is there other reasons why people prefer fallout 3 on the 360 over their high end PCs?

I don't know if you have any Gamestop's or whatever video games store around you that sells used games but you could check there for cheap deals on used HDD's for xbox 360. I got mine there for about 30 bucks less than retail and have had no problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom