Grafics card review

lol, to the guy who doesnt know about grafics cards, for NVIDEA this is the code

* = How old it is, so 6 would be oldest 99 would be youngest, just meens more uptodate technology
# = How GOOD it is so, 6800 would be oold but good, thats why ppl want 8800 or 9800,

For ATI the rules are

*##0

Same rules apply basicaly
* = agee
# = power
so a ATI HD 4070 wouldent be as good as a 4870
but a 3870 would be about as good as a 4850,
then theres the X2 which just meens twice as powerfull or better speed.
===================================
then theres all this extra clocking and cache, but there its pretty much the higher the better =)

if i messed up, im srry this is just a realy rough explanation

You can't just look at it that way. there are differences in the designs of the cards, so you have to compare them by price and real-world performance, and that performance varies game-to-game.

you spelt graphics wrong... but anyways:

the 4870x2 has a 750 MHz core clock compared to the 295 which has a 576Mhz core clock.

The 4870x2 has a realistic 2gb of ddr5 memory, compared to the 295 which has only 1792 MB gddr3.

the 295 has a memory speed of 1000 MHz / 2000 MHz which the 4870x2 has a memory speed of 900 MHz.

there actually VERY similar in specs.. same shader speed, same ROD.. but actually the GTX295 has ALOT higher benchmarks than any ATI GPU out there atm, in most games it out performs the ati card by far...almost double the FPS.

well, it doesnt matter on only the card, also matters on proccesor, imagin if u had 1.5 ghz and ATI 4870X2... its more then just the card lol

True... but i still like ATI, and once you hit 30 fps, you cant realy tell the differnce between 30-100...

unless you pay REALY close attention

eh i can but im used to that..but its usually after 40 there is no difference, and yeah im an ATI fan all the way and always have been..im just suprised at the power of the gtx295. its very similar in specs..and almost lesser in some areas..but also more in some areas.

Back
Top Bottom