Just pruchased a new hard drive and problem already

ok well it isnt essential that they are ordered like that dont worry it was kustr an inkling of mine but if you cant fit them in then dont worry

next thing i would try is downloading the ultimate boot cd and scanning the hd with the hitachi drive software no there

you got a link to the ultimate boot cd? I looked on the hitachi website and wasn't there

I remember you. You were best mates with george there for a while :)

and please dont remind me :( ever since someone warned me here he was gone.. I have made sure he will never come back to my sites.. banned all the ip addresses i can find for him on the firewall on me server..

but yeah he is still around.. spoke to him a few days ago actually he called me a lot of nasty words. lolz

but yeah nice to speak to you again mate

Have you been into disk management and tried to activate and format it?. It won't show up in my computer until you do that.

I think Lowndsey hit it spot on.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management. Click on Disk Management in the left pane. Your drives should appear in the right pane. You can right click the drive and select to format and initialize the drive to make it active.

It really doesn't matter which SATA ports the drives are connected to as long as the boot order is correct in the BIOS.

:D

disk management?

erm all i can find is device manager or is that something different?

could do with a few directions..

disk management?

erm all i can find is device manager or is that something different?

could do with a few directions..

See my previous post. :D

Edit:
That was for XP. If using Vista click Start > Adminsitrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

Sherwood it may help you if you open control panel and click on classic view on the top left

yeah I got it what you mean and I think you got it lwondsey however I can't find out untill it has been fully formatted.. its been doing it for like 10-15 minst and only on 13%..

will let you know if it works or now

A full format does take a bit of time, especially on large drives. I usually select quick format just to get it done quicker.

I told you that the calvary would come...

;)

I think you should be good to go now after that format, I forgot all about the disc manager, my last brand new hdd was a Seagate so i just used the Cd that came with it...

Back
Top Bottom