Passed out after eating?

Bloody hell man, wake up to yourself and go and see a doctor, there is obviously something wrong, you only have one life, stop asking on a computer forum and go to a professional.

Yep go see a doctor ..stop making excuses to yourself about reasons you can't go.

My mother is head RN of her ward at the Houston Methodist Hospital. When I showed her this post she had two things to say:

1) See a Real Doctor ASAP, your life ( *could*) depend on it if it is what she thinks it is.

2) Stay away from pastas or anything Italian for a bit.

I cannot tell you her diagnosis, all I can say is that you need to see a real doctor.

@OP

I agree, see a doctor immediately

@Ronspc

That happens to me all the time and it's usally caused when you haven't eaten. It only happens to me after I wake up and I don't eat anything until lunch.

Dude..that's kinda odd. I agree with the other folks, I'd go to a doctor...your health isn't something to fool around with.

My first ex was a bit over weight and her blood pressure was in the toilet. She had fainting spells until her doctor got her on some meds to control her blood pressure.
My doctor told me when I was too much over weight to eat regular meals when I could and lightly snack between. And only things that were good for me. No junk. My blood pressure is low and I too get the head spins. And I've picked myself up off the floor from time to time.
You may notice that gets worse after you eat and sit for a bit. Some call it "the guy thing" while others like me call it "the full belly blues". What causes it is when your stomach has something in it the brain redirects the flow of blood more to your stomach. This is to pick up the digested food. It also heads to your intestinal track for the same reason. Guess what happens to your brain after it gets this going. The rerouted blood leaves the brain somewhat short on oxygen rich and food supplied blood. You get foggy headed or in a lot of cases sleepy. Try jumping up to head to the bed and like me, hours later, you wonder how you got on the floor.

There are other things that can cause fainting and can be signs of something serious going on. Like the guys are telling you don't play with your life. You only get one shot at it.
Go see a doctor.

Eating small meals throughout the day is not uncommon. More for bodybuilders and what not though.

You sure you had vegitable juice? Someone spike your juice when you weren't looking? Maybe it was straight Vodka, and you were too tired to notice... haha, I jk.

Def not diabetes related... If it was high BG, you wouldn't be getting up. I have never passed out for low or highs. I have been up to 860 when I was first diagnosed with type 1, and never passed out, although I did feel tired a lot... Might be different for other people.

On the low range, like rubberchicken alreadypointed out, that would be too much insulin, and the butter and cheese would make the carbs into your system slower, while regular noodles would be faster regularly. Lows, I have been as low as 28, and didnt pass out, but it is different for other people. The body is usually at 70-80. Some people can pass out at 50 or so I think. It is possible that the insulin went in your system BEFORE the carbs. Which would cause you to drop, and then go back up. How long were you down for?

Most likely it is another sickness though. Maybe stomach flu? I get dizzy sometimes when I used to get the flu. Haven't had it in 5+ years though, so I don't really remember...

Go see a doctor for sure. Maybe one of the free clinics can help, idk.

Def not diabetes related... If it was high BG, you wouldn't be getting up. I have never passed out for low or highs. I have been up to 860 when I was first diagnosed with type 1, and never passed out, although I did feel tired a lot... Might be different for other people.

On the low range, like rubberchicken alreadypointed out, that would be too much insulin, and the butter and cheese would make the carbs into your system slower, while regular noodles would be faster regularly. Lows, I have been as low as 28, and didnt pass out, but it is different for other people. The body is usually at 70-80. Some people can pass out at 50 or so I think. It is possible that the insulin went in your system BEFORE the carbs. Which would cause you to drop, and then go back up. How long were you down for?

Yep. I've been up to god knows where, and down to 23 (at least thats the lowest recorded I've been), and I've only passed out once, but that wasn't food related, it was bad insulin calculations related.

Yep. I've been up to god knows where, and down to 23 (at least thats the lowest recorded I've been), and I've only passed out once, but that wasn't food related, it was bad insulin calculations related.
Haha, I get bad calculations a lot. Pump has made it a lot easier... god, I could never go back to injections, lol.

Back
Top Bottom