How much thermal paste shouold I put on?

Seems as how the original topic has been addressed .....

@deathhell77, hows the Ultra ChillTec Thermo Electric Cpu Cooler working?

good temps on your cpu?

Is there a fail safe in case it loses power?

I've always wanted to try something like that out for myself but have never got around to it.

Seems as how the original topic has been addressed .....

@deathhell77, hows the Ultra ChillTec Thermo Electric Cpu Cooler working?

good temps on your cpu?

Is there a fail safe in case it loses power?

I've always wanted to try something like that out for myself but have never got around to it.
I unplugged it once and it shut my computer down but in a way that I could close stuff it gave me like 30 seconds lol, it's HS probably stays at like 10C anyway :). AND NEVER HAVE MY CPU TEMPS GOTTEN ABOVE 25C :p

but AS5 is like the top of the line stuff that us overclockers use.
Negged.

o_rly.jpg

ya_rly.jpg

nice temps, kind of rekindles my interest in getting a TEC

The bad thing about TEC's is that when you start putting out more heat than it can handle temps shoot through the roof. Some TEC coolers I've seen can keep a CPU within safe temperatures if the TEC died.

The bad thing about TEC's is that when you start putting out more heat than it can handle temps shoot through the roof. Some TEC coolers I've seen can keep a CPU within safe temperatures if the TEC died.
They come with different cooling capacities though, yes? I've always wondered what the drawbacks were and why they weren't the cooler of choice amongst pc enthusiasts, i guess limited capacity would explain that.

They come with different cooling capacities though, yes? I've always wondered what the drawbacks were and why they weren't the cooler of choice amongst pc enthusiasts, i guess limited capacity would explain that.

This will help you more than I'll ever be able to. After a quick skim I saw that air cooling a TEC is really inefficient, and you should do it on water cooling.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38367

Back
Top Bottom