Just pruchased a new hard drive and problem already

I'm surprised no one else has chimed in yet, there are people on here that know a lot about hdds and what could be causing the problems, unfortunately I'm not one of them, my first guess was the SATA controllers but you already have SATA drives plugged in and working...

please soneone... :)

I would be very greatful for the help and I am grateful for the help i have had so far..

its gotta be a cord, or even could be a fault in ur mobo... if u break it down it could be anything... but i dunno, ive tryed

hmm heard lots of bad things about hitachis not to scare you or anything .

anyway make sure both cables are in secure , make sure that your primary hdd is in sata 1 and this one is sata 2

next see if hitachis website has any software for testing hdd's

and if not dowload the ultimate boot cd and run the hitachi drive test on there

:( noo not bad things..

how do I make sure that my primary one is sata 1 and the new one sata 2..

and I guess my primary is sata 1 as it would not be booting up windows right

no no it would still boot , on the motherboard it should have in very small writing next to the sata port which sata port it is
so
sata 1
sata 2
sata 3
etc
just make sure the new hdd is in sata 2 and the old one is in sata 1

also find the hitachi drive software to check the drive

oh..

in biod it says my WD (primary) is in sata 4 and my new one ( hitachi) is in SATA 3..

I can't actually plug the cables into sata 1 and 2 as my gpu is in the say of those two ports. :(

anything I can do to get around it

like buy a cable that will not come up so much so it will fit under?

ok well it isnt essential that they are ordered like that dont worry it was kustr an inkling of mine but if you cant fit them in then dont worry

next thing i would try is downloading the ultimate boot cd and scanning the hd with the hitachi drive software no there

Back
Top Bottom