Passed out after eating?

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
By that I mean got extremely dizzy, blacked out, and hit the floor.

What could have caused that? This happened around 2 in the morning. 10 minutes earlier, I had a little nighttime snack of macaroni salad, 2 rolls with butter, and vegetable juice. So after that snack, I go to brush my teeth before I go to bed. For some reason, I started to get really nauseous, and sort of dizzy, but I didn't think anything of it because that happens to me occasionally, but then I kept getting dizzier and dizzier, so I just spit the mouthwash out and start heading towards a chair outside the bathroom. Needless to say, I didn't make it that far. I ended up laying in a closet door that was beside the chair.

I must have been out for only a second because i remember hearing me falling into the door and hearing it, but I didn't feel anything. Then I just laid there for a few seconds thinking about wtf just happened because it seriously felt like a dream. I was seriously comfortable where I had landed, but then I realized it wasn't a dream and I had actually passed out.

So what could have caused this? Could it have been food related? I just ate a bowl of soup and now I feel really weird, like I'm tired and sort of weak. I'm really worried about this. I'd like to go to a doctor, but I have no insurance, very little paper money, and the nearest free clinic is 40 miles away and everyone I know that has went to it has said they suck, so forget that.

Any thoughts?

Did it happen after you stand up, because when I stand up I get head rushes, and occasionally its bad to the point where I have to find something to hold onto (and by hold onto I mean like put all my weight onto it) to keep from falling over. That may have been it.

I'm no medical doctor and this isn't medical advice but it may be blood sugar (diabetes) related.

Are you overweight?

When did you last have a blood test for diabetes (if ever)?

I'd suggest you get yourself checked out by a doctor, asking a bunch of randoms on an internet forum is not the best healthcare you can get imo, seek professional advice.

I'm no medical doctor and this isn't medical advice but it may be blood sugar (diabetes) related.

I doubt it. He showed symptoms of too much insulin, but what he ate wouldn't have caused that. All the fat in the butter would have made the carbs stick with him, instead of taking him up and then dropping him. Same with whatever was on the pasta.

Still a good idea to see a doctor.

I am a little overweight, but I'm working on loosing that. So far successfully, I'm down like 6 pant sizes from this time last year.

I just wish I could go to a doctor, but like I said, I can't afford it and the free clinics around here are full of s*it.

Did it happen after you stand up, because when I stand up I get head rushes, and occasionally its bad to the point where I have to find something to hold onto (and by hold onto I mean like put all my weight onto it) to keep from falling over. That may have been it.

OMG i thought i was the only one did that. It doesnt happen a lot. but when it does usually i stand up to fast.

@ OP

That's a good result mate but are you sure you're not over doing it with regards to weight loss?

What's your diet like?

Was there any pain involved with your faint or did you just lose consciousness? What had you been doing for say the preceding 6 hours before the faint?

The fact that you say this happens occasionally (but seems to be a regular occurance) is cause for concern.

Would you describe yourself as a pc addict who gets little exercise? You may well have circulatory issues. Do you engage in moderate exercise for at least 30 minutes every day?

Actually passing out doesn't happen occasionally. I just get dizzy, but no where near what happened
before I passed out. This was the first time I had actualy passed out

For the 6 hours before? On the computer the entire time, but I would get up say every half hour for about 5 or 10 minutes and walk around.

There was no pain at all when this happened. In fact, I didn't feel anything for a few seconds after it happened, like I was still half out.

My diet? I try to keep it simple. I'm a kind of person who eats maybe one big meal and snacks throughout the entire day, and then I usually have a larger snack before I go to bed. Now, for the big meal, its usually some sort of meat (today it will be chicken) with some other stuff like vegetables. For the snacks, its usually a bowl of soup with some crackers. I try to keep my daily intake above 1800 calories. I also make sure to get everything else I need, like protein, carbs, fiber, all that good stuff. Ohh, and I almost always have to force myself to eat because I don't get very hungry at all.

Yes, I do call myself a PC addict, but thankfully, I'm getting out of that habit I think. Today I spent some time outside walking around, which was great. Its getting to the point where I would rather spend time outside than be on here all day.

I already know I have poor circulation. My feet and hands get really cold sometimes for no apparent reason why. Right now, my feet are cold even though the room I'm in is a very comfortable 68 degrees and I'm wearing socks.

Now, about the weight loss. I've lost like 50ish pounds over the last year, which I think is good because I have friends that have lost 100 or so pounds in a little less than that, only to gain it back a few months later. I'm trying to take it as slow as I can, because even though I'm rarely hungry, I love to eat.

From your description I think you need to re evaluate your eating pattern, once again I'm no dietician but your pattern is not 'normal".

three or four smaller meals/snacks at frequently spaced intervals would be better for you I'm sure.

You state you are already aware you have circulatory problems which would suggest to me you need to see a Doctor quickly, I have (last year) had heart surgery for blocked coronary arteries and whilst I didn't get the dizzyness you have experienced your physical condition/diet/exercise regime/circulatory problems all scream to me that you may have some arterial restriction which is causing reduced blood flow to the brain which in turn may be causing your dizzy spells.

Mate, you reallly need to bite the bullet and see a Doctor.

Back
Top Bottom