What do we all think of Google Chrome?

It looks like Chrome is supposed to be lightweight and simple, which is what we need. Firefox has become too bloated with useless junk.

I doubt it'll be a default feature considering Google owns AdSense.

yea, there is a lot of useless junk in firefox, but there is a bit of good stuff as well, and I do use a reloading thing and ad-block plus a lot, so until chrome has at least a way to get ad block in it without installing other programs )which I think would defeat the lightweight and simpleness of it) I don't think I'll use it.

And I agree its simple and lightweight, but the colors they chose look really childish for some reason. I think if they let you tweak the colors or change color themes (again I didn't look that much) I'd like the layout much more.

I gotta say I love the look of chrome, it is simple and sleek but I can't live without firefox and it's bookmarks and the addons..

so far I have not seen one addon that I use for FF for chrome..

I didn't like chrome at first because I thought the interface was really weird but after I got used to it I actually started to like it. It's a great browser and is very fast and lightweight. I'm starting to like it more than firefox.

Another thing I don't like: the creepy Google factor.

I am pretty sure everything I do on this browser is being tracked and used for ad targeting. I did a search a few hours ago for something very specific and it just showed up in my ads on many sites (like Facebook and stuff). Maybe just coincidence, but still Google and its omnipotence creep me out

when i had my laptop, i used google about 90 percent of the time. and i only used firefox for stumble and when a website dident work with google.

i love it, ima try and see if it can run on this computer :D

i like it so far...i've been using it since it came out of beta. it seems faster than ie7. i've only come across a couple of sites where something didn't work right with chrome and i had to use ie, but that's ok because chrome is the new kid on the block and it probably wont take too long to get all the websites working correctly with it.

I tried out Chrome. It's ok, but not something I like much. I use it sometimes on my notebook. I use Firefox mainly still. FF3 is crap though. They have been though several updates now and the spell checker still doesn't work right. I gave up on it and downgraded to FF2. I use Adblock Plus as well and would miss it if I used Chrome. I'm forced to use IE now at school because they managed to screw up the network now so Firefox no longer works w/o a proxy... We were using a proxy until they blocked the port for the proxy, lol.

I used Chrome once at school. It's an exceptional browser. I haven't made the switch yet because newer things tend who have bugs and some might be exploitable. I'll give it a couple months to get well established on its own feet then I'll switch. My favorite feature has got to be the tab/window switch.

Back
Top Bottom