Two beep code questions

superman22x

Golden Master
I am going to look in my mobo manuel to see what it says in a second, but I have two problems. Or rather two friends with individual problems, lol.

1st is getting 4 short beeps. Computer doesnt turn on at all.

2nd is getting one long beep code. Computer turns on, but randomly shuts down.

Will my manuel have a universal answer, or will it be unique to each motherboard?

most beep codes are universal, unless your motherboard has some fancy stuff on it that others don't. You can even google your beep codes and i'm sure something will come up.

btw...not sure if u noticed...but u have the same post twice lol :p

I know, I edited the other post, dunno how it got there.

I googled it, and it comes down to either a RAM or a motherboard problem for the first one, and for the second one, it's powersupply.

beep codes i believe are specific to each motherboard but if you get a constant long beep then i believe it is usually RAM

Alright, she figured it out herself for the first one. Well, her stepdad called Dell, and they actually solved something!! They told him static was in the computer, and to take out the ram and put it back in. Worked then, lol. She woke me up at like 9AM too... lol

Beep codes are bios generated so it depends on the bios version.

A good resource is Bios Central, it lists beep codes for most bios manufacturers

LINK

Back
Top Bottom