What do we all think of Google Chrome?

karling07

Daemon Poster
I installed it a week ago and I don't think I'll ever use another browser. Firefox has been my browser as far back as I can remember, but I am just amazed by Chrome. It is still in the very early stages of development, yet its features are extensive.

Some things that impress me so far:
1. Loading time is SO fast (noticeably faster than Firefox)
2. Very small memory usage
3. Glass box design (so when a tab crashes or a window crashes, it doesn't fuck everything else on your computer up too, just that individual object)
4. Incognito browsing, cool idea
5. The "new tab" page (that figures out your most used sites)

Some things I don't like:
1. Incompatibility with some sites, simply because it is so early
2. No stop page load button? I miss this... lol

I don't know, I think everyone should give it a try. It really am impressed by it. Firefox will always have its seat on my computer, but it just got demoted to start menu only, while Chrome took the desktop icon. I kind of felt sad doing it!

EDIT: nevermind, I found the stop button! it's on the right side of the URL box

Unless it does the bookmarks across the top and in the address bar thing that firefox does I refuse to use it. Those are my most used things in firefox, and most missed when I'm forced to use IE.

Google Chrome looks alright. I use to use IE, I've tried Safari and Opera too. But at the moment, my internet browsing lies better with Firefox.

I might try Chrome soon though, for a bit of a test drive.

Google Chrome looks alright. I use to use IE, I've tried Safari and Opera too. But at the moment, my internet browsing lies better with Firefox.

I might try Chrome soon though, for a bit of a test drive.

I just suggest committing to it for a week to give it a chance. It took me a day to get used to it being different than firefox, but after that I got addicted

They still need to release a Mac version. I've tried it on Windows, and it seems decent.

I just installed it and uninstalled it in under 5 minutes. I realized why I love firefox- adblock plus.

Chrome doesn't have it, and to get something similar it looks like I'd need to install other programs, which I didn't want to do.

Plus the theme makes it look like you are on a toy internet browser.

Chrome doesn't have it, and to get something similar it looks like I'd need to install other programs, which I didn't want to do.

Plus the theme makes it look like you are on a toy internet browser.

It looks like Chrome is supposed to be lightweight and simple, which is what we need. Firefox has become too bloated with useless junk.

I just installed it and uninstalled it in under 5 minutes. I realized why I love firefox- adblock plus.
I doubt it'll be a default feature considering Google owns AdSense.

i still use Firefox...has all the same things as chrome...and i don't feel like switching lol.

Back
Top Bottom