Paramount busted me..

when i use torrents, i set the upload speed to 5kbps, yeah its pretty crappy, but at least it reduces the chance of me getting caught, but i pretty much stopped torrenting.

what would have been funny is if you had installed utorrent and had like 800 torrents going of just paramount's movies.

Perhaps someone should start a poll on what age group here torrents.

Back when I was younger P2P was the big thing and that's how I got my music and video's I wanted. But I also didn't have a lot of money to go out and buy cd's/movies when I felt like it.

The only movies I've download in the last year are Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I had no intention of going to the theater and watch them. I just don't like movie theaters. Most movies I can wait for on video but they were really hyped up.

I own both on Blu Ray now purchased on day 1 of there release.

I guess you could say I stole from the theaters playing those at the time since I downloaded it rather then going. But it didn't change the fact that if there was no download source I wouldn't of went to the theater to watch it.

If these studios offered a on demand pre disc release download of the movie I'd watch it that way. Movie theaters are freaking dead to me. I'd rather have some friends over, sit in front of the big screen on a nice comfy couch, drink a beer and enjoy my movie without some dicks cell phone ringing next to me and fighting through hoards of people. If I have to wait 6 months for the video release I will.

Sorry I started to rant a little there. Back to my poll idea. I think you'll find that most of the people using torrents are on the younger side mostly High School and College student's. They want the latest audio/video but working part time doesn't net them much cash so they torrent.

I think after some of you grow up a little bit and get a full time job, your own place and actually have money to spend you'll start paying for your movies.

^same^

and then you can pause it to go pee as well.

and rohan23, look up stupid in the dictionary. You'll see a picture of me next to it. No joke.

Well, I got busted by Paramount for copyright infringement. They turned me in minutes after downloading a movie. My internet was off for 2 days, and I had to pay a small fee. and they took my laptop to make sure everything was gone.

Ive been downloading for like 4 years now, this is the first time i got in trouble. they said next time it happens they wont turn my internet back on and ill get blacklisted.

Luckily, I saved all the stuff i downloaded onto a flash drive before I had to turn my laptop in.

You broke the law. I find it funny how many people don't consider online piracy theft because it happens online. It is theft. What is the point of your post? Do you want sympathy? You won't get any from me.

I guess it's time to start buying your movies instead of downloading them.

Yes, actually doing the honest thing instead of stealing. What a concept.

Is that even legal? I wouldn't hand it over without speaking to a lawyer first.

The question is, was what austinn doing legal? No, it wasn't. If he didn't want to lose his precious laptop, he shouldn't have been using it to commit a crime.

I think so too Cabbs. But, I dont know if my ISP is monitoring me now. I cant take chances, ill do my downloading at my dads house now. Haha, he can deal with it this time.

How mature. Yes, let your father take the fall for your illegal activities. What a prince you are.

You should have played a joke on the guy, or tested to see how well he checked it... made a hidden folder named, "Paramont, illegal stolen movies"

What good would that do? There is no movie company called "Paramont."

You guy will never learn. Posting links to torrents is a no no.
As for continuing to DL media you haven't paid for is one day going to get you in some serious shit.

The only voice of reason here besides me.

I just heard that FBI and shit can come into Australia to investigate because we have some sort of treaty.
This sucks balls, dunno if the RIAA or whatever it's called can come here though.
But these two countries (USA and Australia) are getting too strict with these internet laws. What happened to freedom?
Another reason to move to Europe?

Too strict? I guess you condone theft.

You know the law isn't always right? Some are stupid made by stupid politicians.

Typical post from a 13-year-old. If you want something, you PAY for it. You don't steal it. By the way, kid, you're on ignore.

The only voice of reason here besides me.

Too strict? I guess you condone theft.

Typical post from a 13-year-old. If you want something, you PAY for it. You don't steal it.

Typical 13 year old?
Go get a fucking life, I'm tired of this bullshit.
People torrent, get over it. Some artists even do it and they don't even care. You know why they don't care? Because they already have a lot of money and/or they want the fame and glory.

Too strict? Yes, too strict. What's next? Going 0.1 over the speed limit will get you a $100 fine? Spy cameras in our homes?
Sorry, but that's a no-no.
What happened to freedom? It's gone, the government wants to control us. They want more money.

You can't expect every person in the world to obey the law. Even if there were no bad people, good people still break laws. Laws are not rights. They should not get confused.

Laws are rules made by politicians and you can't expect everyone to agree with those laws.

Everyone has a right to live, for freedom, to have a say in things.
Whatever happened to democracy? Yes, that ancient Greek thing.
Torn to shreds thanks to some US politicians, the whole world would be a better place without the US government. The US Government is so lucky there not being invaded right now.

Typical 13 year old?
Go get a fucking life, I'm tired of this bullshit.
People torrent, get over it. Some artists even do it and they don't even care. You know why they don't care? Because they already have a lot of money and/or they want the fame and glory.

Too strict? Yes, too strict. What's next? Going 0.1 over the speed limit will get you a $100 fine? Spy cameras in our homes?
Sorry, but that's a no-no.
What happened to freedom? It's gone, the government wants to control us. They want more money.

You can't expect every person in the world to obey the law. Even if there were no bad people, good people still break laws. Laws are not rights. They should not get confused.

Laws are rules made by politicians and you can't expect everyone to agree with those laws.

Everyone has a right to live, for freedom, to have a say in things.
Whatever happened to democracy? Yes, that ancient Greek thing.
Torn to shreds thanks to some US politicians, the whole world would be a better place without the US government. The US Government is so lucky there not being invaded right now.

I lied. I'll make one more post before you're on ignore for good. First of all, where are your parents? I'm sure they're really proud of their 13-year-old son cussing and swearing on an Internet forum. Of course not everyone will obey the law, and if they don't, they need to realize there are consequences. The Internet has created a sense of entitlement like no other. You're not owed anything, kid. If you want something, you buy it. Theft is theft, and is illegal. That has never changed. Ignore time.

Back
Top Bottom