Installed new GPU, PSU, Ram = Frustration

Moffman

Solid State Member
Ok so for this holiday, i got some pretty nice stuff,
XFX GTX 260 Core 216 Overclocked Black Edition

700 Watt PSU

and 4gb of ram

So last night after the rest of the family departed I decided to let the computer frustration begin.

Ok so first I broke the little knob you push to take out the Graphics card which there was an 8800GT 512mb in, which came out and no problems so far.

So then I got this GTX 260 and I started worrying this thing would barely fit in the case itself but i have no idea how i managed to slide it in screw it in but it barely fit.

So then I threw in the ram and took out the PSU.
Now Im no computer expert so IDK but i unplugged all the power cables and replugged them back in as I needed them so I started the baby up all the fans were on it was powered looked fine, plugged the monitor in but the monitor is getting no signal whatsoever any ideas.

The best thing to do is go back through everything and make sure that all wires, cables, cards, memory, CPU, etc. are fully seated. Make sure the power cord is plugged into the video card.

I think it maybe be soemthing with the gpu cause everything is powered but even the gpu is so grrrr:mad:

The best thing to do is go back through everything and make sure that all wires, cables, cards, memory, CPU, etc. are fully seated. Make sure the power cord is plugged into the video card.

I did i checked everything i have no idea what is wrong

Try reseating all of your parts. If you're RAM isn't dual channel, don't try putting them in alternating slots.

Try putting in your old 8800GT and see if it works.
Did you plug in the PCI-E power cables into the new GPU?

If your old 8800GT doesn't work, then your motherboard is probably the problem.

Try putting in your old 8800GT and see if it works.
Did you plug in the PCI-E power cables into the new GPU?

If your old 8800GT doesn't work, then your motherboard is probably the problem.

No I didnt try my old 8800GT and yes i did plug it on\

So I tried 8800GT no picture either

so first I broke the little knob you push to take out the Graphics card which there was an 8800GT 512mb in

maybe this is the problem, was there any collateral damage when you broke the piece off...? is the card seated properly...? it may be hard to tell if that piece isn't there to lock it into place...

so first I broke the little knob you push to take out the Graphics card which there was an 8800GT 512mb in

maybe this is the problem, was there any collateral damage when you broke the piece off...? is the card seated properly...? it may be hard to tell if that piece isn't there to lock it into place...

That knob isn't require for it to function. As long as he screwed it in, it should be fine. My Asus motherboard came with a broken lock. It still worked fine. He just make have a DOA card, or a cheap power supply that can't supply enough juice. It doesn't matter if it's 700 watts, or not.

Back
Top Bottom