Best Anti-virus???

newguy11

Baseband Member
just got a new build. very nice, its $2000 and i dont want my computer crashing anytime soon. what is the BEST anti-virus program out there? ive used norton anti-virus for years but was just wondering if there is a program better. any suggestions? thanks BTW i am running vista

Norton is pretty much as bad as you get, no offense. I recommend this combination: AVG8.0, Spybot S&D, and CCleaner. Run weekly scans on all and you should be fine. I've never had any sort of trouble with this combination. If you know what you're doing you may want to look at Comodo; they have pretty much everything.

okay well ive liked kaspersky alot..especially if someone is trying to DDOS you...which i have a few people who hate me..so its great when it comes to that. None of those really are very great against incoming attacks on your computer or anything... kaspersky is my favorite. they also have a pretty well up to date database imo. They are a bit pricy though.

I like Avast because it's a strong, yet lite program. It has many shields..like a P2P/Torrent shield, Web shield, Email shield, IM shield etc..
I like the fact that you can do a 'boot scan' which is a fully system scan before your OS starts.

You just keep registering for a FREE account once per year and that will keep giving you a free key. You can have this your whole life for free, as long as you register once per year. (a small registration, not much detail needed)

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

NOD32...best of the best.
and ofcourse get SuperAntiSpyware to run with it and CCCleaner. You should be safe safe with that combo :)

Back
Top Bottom