Lots of Christmas money to waste, Help!

Throw that money in the bank. Prices are only going to fall a little more, because of a lot of big business' closing down. Once I pay off my remaining balance, I'm not buying anything for a long time. I need a lot of money for 4 year college next year.

You can donate your money to me. :D
Jokes, lol, I agree that you should save it up, but if you really wanna spend it go nightclubbing or paintball or something. Spend it on a fun activity you can do.

With our Economy, The Bank.

To be honest, that's partly the reason why our economy is so bad right now.

Consumers aren't buying -> Production slows -> Companies loose money -> Forced to cut jobs -> People loose money

It's a vicious cycle.

You can't blame the consumers for not buying when they don't have money. People still spend these days. But only as much as they need to.

It's hard to spend money you don't have. No arguments. I'm not trying to get banned, haha. This is more about opinion. So, let's just leave it at that.

My school does a co-op program, so I'm guaranteed my 6 month job starting in January (just got the final call that I got the job two weeks ago), and its 40hrs/wk, paid with sick days, so even with rent I will be making a pretty good profit. Plus I've already got way more than I need right now stored away in savings at the bank. I have always been really frugal and was just looking to have a little fun with the extra money.

Also, I figure the rates are so shitty right now that a digital camera would be a better investment than a 6 month CD
tongue.gif

As for the car idea, my sister just totaled the car that my sibling and I use... Ugh - but it really is no matter to me, I am going to be in Boston again for 6 months (with public transportation), then home for another month, then basically back to Boston for the end of my college career, and probably after! So no need for car :)

Here's a camera I've been looking at buying. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683*****56) Not too expensive for the features it's got if you want good quality (more than point and shoot). I've read the thin Canon Powershots (SD series) doesn't really have many features and isn't as good of quality. You can sacrifice the thinness of the SD series for the A590's only slightly thicker body, and you get it for ~$50 less with better quality pictures... Just a thought.

If you have a lot of money, a $110 investment in a camera isn't going to put you in debt. I'd just leave it at buying the camera and saving the rest though.

EDIT: Sorry about the link, it's censoring out some of it so it won't go to the right place... Search Newegg for Canon PowerShot A590 IS

Back
Top Bottom