Paramount busted me..

I normally download just music, and there's nothing much of them. I hate movies, so that gets me safe...ER.

I don't download any more. I stopped. I don't think the risks are worth it. I just felt unsecure and guilty.
I only stream now. For example, if I find music on Youtube I like.

I heard a thing on G4 where the RIAA won't sue you anymore because 99% of the time they lose. They now will just report you to your isp and you will get your internet disconnected or bandwidth throttled.
Also, Peer guardian doesn't work in vista for me :(

No, if the RIA catches me, I won't lie. I'll admit my crimes. But, on the other side, I AM thinking of switching to these 0.99 songs stuff, but I feel like they have few selections. Like, I'd like to have some of my stuff there, like good ol rock, 80s, 70s, and techno. See, I'd want a ot of variety. Itunes won't cut it. Bloatware and...meh, Crapple isn't my fave, even though I like the idea of simplicity for users.

No, if the RIA catches me, I won't lie. I'll admit my crimes. But, on the other side, I AM thinking of switching to these 0.99 songs stuff, but I feel like they have few selections. Like, I'd like to have some of my stuff there, like good ol rock, 80s, 70s, and techno. See, I'd want a ot of variety. Itunes won't cut it. Bloatware and...meh, Crapple isn't my fave, even though I like the idea of simplicity for users.

Unless they offer loss-less formats, I will never buy a song online. I'd rather buy the CD and be able to rip it to whatever format I want.

If they want us to buy music, then the at least have to make it available. Not everyone listens to the mainstream crap that plays all over the radio.

If you don't use PeerGuardian when you download, you almost deserve to get caught. That reduces your chances of being caught by probably 99%. 99% of the time your ISP won't report you, you get caught because some antipiracy organization was on the prowl and caught you.

As for this case, I would say I'm guessing PeerGuardian would've saved your ass if you were smart enough to use it.

If you don't use PeerGuardian when you download, you almost deserve to get caught. That reduces your chances of being caught by probably 99%. 99% of the time your ISP won't report you, you get caught because some antipiracy organization was on the prowl and caught you.

As for this case, I would say I'm guessing PeerGuardian would've saved your ass if you were smart enough to use it.

I got caught because Paramount turned me in, not because my ISP caught me.

Just because I didnt use PG, that doesnt make me any less smart. I was one of the very many that thought Id never get caught.

what happened when they caught you, did you get a phone call, email or someone show up at your door?

Back
Top Bottom