Need Everyones help.

Spikeroo

Solid State Member
Ok, So I have a Compaq computer, and It really sucks, So i need to know what i need to upgrade it. heres my stats

dfg-1.jpg

What i need it to be good for:

Counter strike source
Half life series
Video editing
Fast
Multi tasking

I need to know where i can get the upgrades (online) and how much they will cost, i cant buy 1 item to upgrade for 100$ Thanks!

I don't think you're gonna be able to upgrade just one thing.
If you get something too good for all your other parts, there's no point in it.
Some memory may help but for running those things you want, you may want a better system completely.
And for any upgrade you DO choose to buy-
Newegg.com

see idk if i can just go in and buy anything. will it even fit? what brand or size of whatever do i need?

Memory usually has a set size
But like I said, I'm not sure you want to go buy anything without thinking of just getting an entirely new computer.
But that's all up to you.
If you want some parts, someone more knowledgeable could help you; the next thing you should do is post your specs.

i thought i just posted my specs 0.o

where can i buy ram for my comp? and what size does it need to be to fit on the motherboard/

do you have aim metin? if so add me, my screen name is Spikeroo360

what EXACTLY is hardware, like the name of my stuff?

You did, but only a brief description. We have no idea how fast your RAM is running at, what model the motherboard is to chose a CPU you can upgrade to, Hard Drive and a few other things.

But here's the facts -
Your Motherboard is a Socket 939 by AMD - AMD does not manufacture Socket 939 CPU's anymore so you can't upgrade you processor.

Your RAM is probably at a low speed so you could spend about 20 buck's and upgrade to faster RAM (If the RAM isn't the fastest DDR speeds can go. That computer uses DDR RAM and not DDR2 or DDR3 so the fastest you can get is DDR 400Mhz RAM)

You probably have a integrated graphics processor(Integrated Into the motherboard) so that is why your gaming graphic's are not that great.
The motherboard of a old model so I would think it would have a AGP Graphic's card slot inside. AGP is a outdated slot and not many cards are made for it, but for CSS and HL, that's really all you need as those games are highly optimized for old systems etc. As for your video editing, if you edit very large files etc, you would need to upgrade your motherboard to one with a PCI-Express Graphic's slot. To do this you would have to get new RAM and a New CPU. Not sure about a new Operating System though.

Overall, if you want to upgrade anything in that Computer besides the video card, you would have to pretty much build yourself a new one.

...:( this sux I just want to be able to play css and not have ANY problems :'( anyone know a computer thats cheap that can run everything i need?

i have another computer it has

windows Xp
AMD athlon (xp 3100+
1.66 GHz 256 MB of ram

can i upgrade that?

Back
Top Bottom