Gallery: Your Workstation

Get that Server off the Carpet!!! You are going to ruin it! At least put some cardboard, or something between it and the carpet.
What difference does that make...? :confused: It's still near the carpet either way, it's not like the components are touching it.

As long as the components are in the case, it's fine. It's not like the hardware is lying on the carpet.

Well, my cousins computer was in the case too... I heard being on a carpet with nothing but metal between the carpet and the computer, it creates static e-

Well, my cousins computer was in the case too... I heard being on a carpet with nothing but metal between the carpet and the computer, it creates static e-
But nothing is electrically connected to the case... That's the same reason you can rub your hands on the case or use an anti-static wristband connected to the case to de-static yourself before touching the components. Maybe your cousin's system had a different fault or something was touching where it shouldn't be? I don't know everything and maybe you are right... But I've been running the same system on the carpet for quite awhile, 95% of the time running, and the only problem I had was the hard drive somehow got screwed up and refused to work (during a lightning storm). The problem was fixed when I formatted the drive...

Heres my current one

Im on my laptop atm

348335017_4d708efea6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom