Question about streaming music

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Does it infringe on copyrights?

Those of you who have a MySpace may have noticed that they are blocking music players from Project Playlist claiming that it is copyright infringement to use that site.

My question is: Is it really copyright infringement or is MySpace trying to get everyone to use their s*itty 10 song player?

I don't see how it is copyright infringement. Project Playlist does not host the files. It merely streams them by way of their music player. Project Playlist can be used as a download portal if you know how to do it, but most people don't do it that way.

I don't think it's copyright infringment as they offer Myspace users to actually 'Buy' the music right off the site. I don't know how that works, I don't want to know how that works.

I just use Internet Radio
Best invention ever!
There are a few popular one's out there and I love to listen to them and find a few new artists that are quite good, that I never heard before. Plus, it's the best way to get techno tracks!

But now that I think about it, do radio stations have to get copyright rights to play the music over the air?

Back
Top Bottom