Is it just me...

To all aussie members,

has your internet been running slower than normal for the past few weeks?

Has the internet filter trail period started?

I'm pretty surprised there hasn't been any widespread protests against this new firewall. Seems pretty piss poor of the Australian government to impose this.

I think it depends on the ISP, cause I know Telstra denied letting them trial it, as did most major ISPs. But maybe the less popular ones are trialing it?

As for my internet, tonight it's actually really slow, but it's been fine otherwise. (I'm on TPG's ADSL2+)

EDIT: As for protests etc and other information, check out this site...
http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet/442

Yeah, there's just wayy to many flaws and the speed decrease of up to 85% is gonna kill us! I like my 15mbps ADSL2 the way it is!

that sucks. Having to pay for high speed internet and only being able to use a certain percentage of it.

I live in the US, and i think Qwest took their unlimited bandwidth away because so many people torrent, and people complain when they go slow.

that sucks. Having to pay for high speed internet and only being able to use a certain percentage of it.

I live in the US, and i think Qwest took their unlimited bandwidth away because so many people torrent, and people complain when they go slow.

Over here, the amount of ISPs that offer unlimited bandwidth can be counted on one hand, and it's expensive as crap. Our biggest ISP, Bigpond, count data in both download and uploads it's pathetic value!

Back
Top Bottom