Does Nothing Exist?

To me, there can't be "nothing".

If you had an empty section of space, entirely devoid of air/environment or even light, something is still there. Whatever you choose to call "nothing", it still takes up space. The space that "nothing" has to occupy to me cancels out the idea of "nothing".

Much like when people try and say that space ends. I think of it like this:

If this- ----> |

Is the "end" of space, to me there has to be something on the otherside of what you'd call the "end", if you went past the end then you would be standing in nothing, which would be impossible.

To me, there can't be "nothing".

If you had an empty section of space, entirely devoid of air/environment or even light, something is still there. Whatever you choose to call "nothing", it still takes up space. The space that "nothing" has to occupy to me cancels out the idea of "nothing".

Much like when people try and say that space ends. I think of it like this:

If this- ----> |

Is the "end" of space, to me there has to be something on the otherside of what you'd call the "end", if you went past the end then you would be standing in nothing, which would be impossible.

What I've been trying to say this whole time, but you said it more clearly :D

The universe is constantly expanding. What I want to know is what is beyond the edge of it.

To quailify something there has to be a way to take measurements. To take readings something has to be there. So if something is there to take the readings then nothing has something in it.
Some thing like if a tree falls and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

The universe is constantly expanding. What I want to know is what is beyond the edge of it.

I think the universe doesn't end. If the universe had an edge. What's after the edge? There would have to be something. If it's nothing, it's still something, because nothing is something.

Back
Top Bottom